EDF RENEWABLES ACHIEVES COMMERCIAL OPERATION OF MERRICOURT WIND PROJECT
EDF Renewables North America announced that the 150 MW Merricourt Wind Project achieved commercial operation and has been turned over to Otter Tail Power Company, a subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation. EDF Renewables developed and managed the construction process for Otter Tail Power under an Asset Purchase Agreement and turnkey Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) Agreement.
Located approximately 10 miles southwest of Kulm, North Dakota, in McIntosh and Dickey Counties, the Project created 260 construction jobs as well as injected millions of dollars in economic benefits to the local area. The 75 Vestas wind turbines are expected to generate enough energy to meet the consumption of nearly 65,000 homes1 annually.
“North Dakota’s abundant wind resource and supportive regulatory environment combine to create an opportunity to provide low-cost, reliable clean energy to utilities like Otter Tail Power Company,” said Kate O’Hair, Vice President, North Region Development at EDF Renewables. “After many years of development, we are thrilled to see this project fully operational. Our gratitude goes out to Otter Tail Power Company for making this project a reality, and especially the local community and landowners who have supported Merricourt Wind through the years.”
“Completing the Merricourt Wind Energy Center marks a major milestone,” said Otter Tail Power Company President Tim Rogelstad. “At approximately $260 million, Merricourt is the largest capital investment in Otter Tail Power Company’s history. Thank you to EDF Renewables and everyone involved with this project. Your tireless efforts and dedication have made it possible.”
EDF Renewables is one of the largest renewable energy developers in North America with 16 gigawatts of wind, solar, and storage projects developed throughout the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
With 35 years of experience and 16 gigawatts of renewable projects developed throughout North America, EDF Renewables provides a fully integrated bundle of energy solutions from grid-scale wind, solar, and solar plus storage projects to electric vehicle charging and energy storage management.
(Source: EDF Renewables – Image: Merricourt wind project/OAOA)
- EXXONMOBIL SELLS ITS UK UPSTREAM ASSETS IN CENTRAL AND NORTHERN NORTH SEA 26th February 2021
- CHRISTOPHE DE MARGERIE COMPLETES UNIQUE WINTER VOYAGE IN THE ARTIC 19th February 2021
- NOBLE CORPORATION COMPLETES RESTRUCTURING AND EMERGES FROM CHAPTER 11 09th February 2021
- THE END OF POLARCUS – LENDERS WITHDRAW SUPPORT OF ONGOING VESSEL OPERATIONS 02nd February 2021
- SINGAPORE TURNS A PAGE IN ITS HISTORY – KEPPEL EXITS OFFSHORE RIG BUILDING 29th January 2021
- NINE YEARS OLD ULTRA-DEEPWATER DRILLSHIP TUNGSTEN EXPLORER SOLD FOR SCRAP 27th January 2021
- DID EON MUSK’ SPACEX BUY THE SEMI-SUBMERSIBLES ENSCO 8500 AND ENSCO 8501? 20th January 2021