EGINA FPSO ARRIVES IN NIGERIA
Nigeria’s oil and gas industry recorded another milestone as the $3.3 billion Floating Production Storage Offloading (FPSO) unit for the 200,000 barrels per day capacity Egina Deepwater oilfield arrived the country from South Korea. The FPSO, which was built for Total Upstream Nigeria Limited, (TUPNI) by Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI), sailed away from the quay side at Samsung Yard in Geoje, South Korea, on October 31, 2017, on its voyage to Nigeria.
Speaking during the arrival ceremony, the Managing Director of Total E & P, Mr. Nicholas Terraz, said the six locally fabricated modules would be integrated into the FPSO at the Samsung Yard over the next six months before the FPSO sails away to the Egina field, adding that the local integration of the FPSO is a first for Nigeria and Africa.
He said with a length of 330 metres, the Egina FPSO is the largest FPSO ever installed in Nigeria and the largest FPSO built by the Total Group worldwide.
Egina, the largest FPSO ever installed in Nigeria (330-metres long), is currently berthed at the newly built 500-metre FPSO integration quayside at the SHI-MCI Yard, Ladol Island, Lagos, where the integration of six locally fabricated modules will take place over the next few months.
The EGINA field is situated offshore Nigeria within the Oil Mining Lease OML-130, some 200km from Port Harcourt in a water depth ranging from 1150m to 1750m. The development of the EGINA field is based on subsea wells connected to a Floating Production, Storage & Offloading (FPSO) facility and stabilized crude oil export via oil tanker using an offloading buoy. (Source: Vanguard Nigeria, Thisdaylive)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023