EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL
Hess advised that partner and operator ExxonMobil made an eighth oil discovery offshore Guyana at the Longtail-1 exploration well, creating the potential for additional resource development in the southeast area of the Stabroek Block.
The well encountered approximately 256 feet (78 meters) of high-quality, oil-bearing sandstone reservoir. The well was safely drilled to 18,057 feet (5,504 meters) depth in 6,365 feet (1,940 meters) of water. The Stena Carron drillship began drilling on May 25, 2018.
The Longtail-1 well is located approximately 5 miles west of the Turbot-1 well and follows previous world-class discoveries on the Stabroek Block at Liza, Payara, Liza Deep, Snoek, Turbot, Ranger and Pacora.
Longtail drilling results are under evaluation; however, the combined gross recoverable resources of Turbot and Longtail are estimated to exceed 500 million barrels of oil equivalent.
CEO John Hess said: “We are very pleased with this eighth significant oil discovery, which reaffirms the remarkable exploration potential of the Stabroek Block.”
Following completion of the Longtail-1 well, the Stena Carron drillship will move to drill the Hammerhead-1 well located approximately 9 miles southwest of the Liza discovery. The operator plans to add a third drillship that will operate in parallel to the Stena Carron to explore the Block’s numerous high value prospects.
The Liza Phase 1 development offshore Guyana, sanctioned last June, continues to rapidly progress. Development drilling began in May, laying the foundation for production start-up in early 2020. Liza Phase 1 will consist of 17 wells connected to a floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel designed to produce up to 120,000 barrels of oil per day. Construction of the FPSO and subsea equipment is under way. (Source: Hess Image: Stena Carron)
- TIDEWATER AND GULFMARK TO MERGE 16th July 2018
- WEATHERFORD DROPS LAND DRILLING OPERATIONS IN ALGERIA, KUWAIT AND SAUDI ARABIA 13th July 2018
- BP: START-UP OF SHAH DENIZ 2 OFFSHORE AZERBAIJAN 04th July 2018
- GENERAL ELECTRIC TO SPIN OFF BAKER HUGHES AND GE HEALTHCARE 27th June 2018
- GE AND EDF TO CONSTRUCT SIX EPR’s IN INDIA 27th June 2018
- USGS: EAGLE FORD HOLDS 8.5 BILLION BARRELS OF UNDISCOVERED OIL 25th June 2018
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018