ENERGY DOME AND ORSTED WILL JOIN FORCES ON ENERGY STORAGE FACILITIES
Energy Dome announced a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Ørsted, the global leader in offshore wind and a market-leading renewable energy company, to run a feasibility study on the deployment of a 20 MW / 200 MWh energy storage facility using Energy Dome’s CO2 Battery technology at one or more Ørsted sites.
The partnership aims to use long-duration energy storage to provide baseload renewable energy to Ørsted’s end-use customers, mitigating the growing variability in energy supply, and providing grid stability services. The agreement includes an option to develop multiple additional CO2 Battery energy storage facilities, with the potential for the first 20 MW project slated to begin construction already during the second half of 2024.
The feasibility study project with Ørsted, which will dispatch renewable energy over periods of 10 hours or longer, is a milestone in Energy Dome’s roadmap on the development of multiple commercial CO2 Battery energy storage facilities. The first such site will be located in Continental Europe. This milestone follows the completion of Energy Dome’s first commercial demonstration facility in Sardinia, Italy.
For Ørsted, testing the CO2 Battery energy storage project is part of the company’s plan to provide a comprehensive flexible solution that increases both the availability and reliability of green energy also with the aid of long duration energy storage.
Energy Dome is an energy storage solution provider based in Milano, Italy, that is unlocking renewable energy by making solar and wind power dispatchable using the CO2 Battery.
(Source and image: Energy Dome)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023