ENERGY DRILLING TO MARKET TWO NEWBUILD DRILLING RIGS
Singapore based Energy Drilling Management (EDMPL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with China Merchants Industry Holdings (CMIH) on 16th June 2017, thereby acquiring exclusive marketing and operating rights to two premium newbuild drilling rigs.
Energy Drilling’s CEO, Marcus Chew, explained “Despite the weak outlook for the offshore market, we are constantly on the lookout for opportunities to grow the company and to create exciting opportunities for all employees to grow with us. By acquiring the rights to market and operate newly built high spec rigs that have been abandoned in shipyards allows Energy Drilling to embark on our capital light strategy.”
The first unit is a tender assist barge rig designated as Hull No. CMHI (JS)-151-1 which was delivered for development drilling in South East Asia and West Africa in 2016.
It is a high specification, quality build that is fully commissioned and ready for mobilisation upon short notice.
Second unit is a three-legged cantilever type jack-up drilling rig from Gusto CJ46-X100-D, and it is intended for use in water depths up to 350ft. in a moderate environment.
GustoMSC offers advanced technologies that gives it competitive advantages such as patented X-Y cantilever with full 1,500 Kips capability over the drilling envelope up to 70ft. x 40ft. and secured fixation for the jacking system. (Image: Energy Drilling/CMHI 151-1 tender barge)
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019
- IRAN HAS DISCOVERED NEW GIANT OILFIELD IN KHUZESTAN PROVINCE 11th November 2019
- ENCANA TO LEAVE CANADA AND ESTABLISH HEADQUARTERS IN THE UNITED STATES 08th November 2019
- SAIPEM 7000 ESTABLISHES NEW LIFTING RECORD FOR THE GULF OF MEXICO 31st October 2019
- BP AND KOSMOS ENERGY MAKE MAJOR GAS DISCOVERY OFFSHORE MAURITANIA 29th October 2019
- SCHLUMBERGER Q3 2019 – INCOME STUNG BY MULTIBILLION PRETAX CHARGES 18th October 2019