ENI AND OMAN OIL SIGN AGREEMENT FOR BLOCK 47 ONSHORE OMAN
Eni and the state company Oman Oil Company Exploration and Production (OOCEP) have entered into an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) for Block 47 with the Government of the Sultanate of Oman .
Block 47 is located onshore in the Omani A’Dakhiliyah Governorate and covers an approximate area of 8,524 sqkm. The Block was awarded to Eni and OOCEP following their joint bid as part of the 2017 Oman Licensing Round. Pursuant the EPSA, Eni is the Operator of block and with a 90% participating interest and OOCEP holds the remaining 10% participating interest. Exploration operations are expected to commence in 2019.
In addition, Eni has signed with the Ministry of Oil & Gas and with BP a Head of Agreement (HoA) that sets up the principles for the acquisition of the Exploration and Production rights of Block 77 onshore, with an acreage of 3.100 sqkm, 30 km east of the BP-operated Khazzan Field.
Under the Agreement, Eni and BP hold 50% each with Eni acting as operator during the exploration phase.
Following the signature of the HoA, the Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) will follow shortly.
The signature of Block 47 EPSA and Block 77 HoA, represents a further step in Eni’s strategy to reinforce its presence in The Sultanate of Oman and strengthen the collaboration with OOCEP, which is Eni’s partner also in Block 52.
Eni operates in Oman through its subsidiary Eni Oman. In the Middle East, Eni is also present in the United Arab Emirates, Lebanon and Iraq. (Source: ENI – Image: Oman Oil Company)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023