ENI ESTABLISHES LONG TERM PRESENCE IN OFFSHORE UAE
Eni signed in Abu Dhabi two Concession Agreements for the acquisition of a 5% stake in the Lower Zakum offshore oil field and of a 10% stake in the oil, condensate and gas offshore fields of Umm Shaif and Nasr, for a total participation fee of about 875 million US dollar and a duration of 40 years.
The agreements represent a strategic move for Eni gaining access to a Country with hydrocarbons reserves among the largest in the world.
Lower Zakum is located about 65 kilometers off the coast of Abu Dhabi. The discovery dates back to 1963 and production began in 1967. It has a target production of 450,000 barrels of oil per day. Umm Shaif and Nasr are located about 135 kilometers from the coast of Abu Dhabi and have a target production of 460,000 barrels of oil per day.
Eni’s CEO Claudio Descalzi commented: «I’m very pleased about this agreement creating a larger presence for Eni in Middle East, in line with our expansion strategy, and creating a strong alliance with ADNOC and Abu Dhabi. The stakes in the two concessions give access to giant fields with huge potential and Eni is willing to contribute its best technology to maximize the future production». (Source: Eni – Image: Umm Shaif offshore facilities/Arabian Oil&Gas)
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018