ENI ESTABLISHES LONG TERM PRESENCE IN OFFSHORE UAE
Eni signed in Abu Dhabi two Concession Agreements for the acquisition of a 5% stake in the Lower Zakum offshore oil field and of a 10% stake in the oil, condensate and gas offshore fields of Umm Shaif and Nasr, for a total participation fee of about 875 million US dollar and a duration of 40 years.
The agreements represent a strategic move for Eni gaining access to a Country with hydrocarbons reserves among the largest in the world.
Lower Zakum is located about 65 kilometers off the coast of Abu Dhabi. The discovery dates back to 1963 and production began in 1967. It has a target production of 450,000 barrels of oil per day. Umm Shaif and Nasr are located about 135 kilometers from the coast of Abu Dhabi and have a target production of 460,000 barrels of oil per day.
Eni’s CEO Claudio Descalzi commented: «I’m very pleased about this agreement creating a larger presence for Eni in Middle East, in line with our expansion strategy, and creating a strong alliance with ADNOC and Abu Dhabi. The stakes in the two concessions give access to giant fields with huge potential and Eni is willing to contribute its best technology to maximize the future production». (Source: Eni – Image: Umm Shaif offshore facilities/Arabian Oil&Gas)
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018
- BORR DRILLING READY FOR THE RECOVERY IN JACKUP MARKET 20th June 2018
- EQUINOR AWARDS THE LARGEST SERVICES CONTRACTS EVER 19th June 2018
- DEVELOPMENT DRILLING OF LIZA PHASE 1 OFFSHORE GUYANA COMMENCES 13th June 2018
- TAISHIN 1 WORLD FIRST EPR STARTED 11th June 2018
- 200th LNG CARGO FROM GNLG IN CURTIS ISLAND 07th June 2018
- NOV ACQUIRES DUTCH RIG ENGINEERING FIRM GustoMSC 04th June 2018
- SHELL REPORTS DOVER DISCOVERY IN THE GULF OF MEXICO 24th May 2018