ENI HIRES COSL HYSY 982 TO DRILL IN SOUTH CHINA SEA
China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL) announced that it has acquired a drilling contract from an Italian oil company ENI in respect of its semi-submersible rig HYSY 982. Both parties have signed this contract officially. This is the first time for the Company to provide drilling services to ENI.
The operation will be conducted at South China Sea with exploration services provided by HYSY 982. It is expected to commence at the first quarter of 2019.
ENI is an oil and natural gas company controlled by Italian government as well as one of the largest multinational oil companies in the world. The successful stepping into the contract is of significant influence to enhance the Company’s brand image and facilitate the cooperation between the Company and ENI across the globe.
COSL HYSY 982 is a deepwater semi-submersible capable to drill in water depths up to 5,000 ft. The newbuild unit was launched in May 2017 in China at Dalian no 1 yard with effective delivery in 2018.
Eni has been operating in China since 1984 and activities are mainly concentrated in the offshore of the South China Sea for a total area of 7,141 square kilometers.
In 2017, Eni’s average production of hydrocarbons amounted to 2 thousand barrels / day of hydrocarbons, and 2 thousand barrels per day of oil and condensates. (Source and image: COSL)
- CHEVRON TO ACQUIRE ANADARKO FOR $33 BILLION 13th April 2019
- ENSCO ROWAN BECOMES WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE DRILLING COMPANY BY FLEET SIZE 12th April 2019
- GLOBAL DISCOVERIES OF CONVENTION RESOURCES ON THE RISE IN 2019 09th April 2019
- TOTAL STARTS UP KAOMBO SUL FPSO IN ANGOLAN DEEPWATER 02nd April 2019
- PIONEERING SPIRIT SETS NEW OFFSHORE LIFT RECORD IN JOHAN SVERDRUP FIELD 25th March 2019
- NORTH DAKOTA REACHES NEW PRODUCTION RECORDS 22nd March 2019