ENI HIRES COSL HYSY 982 TO DRILL IN SOUTH CHINA SEA
China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL) announced that it has acquired a drilling contract from an Italian oil company ENI in respect of its semi-submersible rig HYSY 982. Both parties have signed this contract officially. This is the first time for the Company to provide drilling services to ENI.
The operation will be conducted at South China Sea with exploration services provided by HYSY 982. It is expected to commence at the first quarter of 2019.
ENI is an oil and natural gas company controlled by Italian government as well as one of the largest multinational oil companies in the world. The successful stepping into the contract is of significant influence to enhance the Company’s brand image and facilitate the cooperation between the Company and ENI across the globe.
COSL HYSY 982 is a deepwater semi-submersible capable to drill in water depths up to 5,000 ft. The newbuild unit was launched in May 2017 in China at Dalian no 1 yard with effective delivery in 2018.
Eni has been operating in China since 1984 and activities are mainly concentrated in the offshore of the South China Sea for a total area of 7,141 square kilometers.
In 2017, Eni’s average production of hydrocarbons amounted to 2 thousand barrels / day of hydrocarbons, and 2 thousand barrels per day of oil and condensates. (Source and image: COSL)
- DORADO: ONE OF THE LARGEST OIL RESOURCES EVER FOUND ON THE AUSTRALIAN NORTH WEST SHELF 22nd August 2018
- PACIFIC DRILLING DRILLSHIPS BACK TO WORK AT LOW DAYRATES 20th August 2018
- MAERSK DRILLING TO BECOME A STAND ALONE COMPANY 17th August 2018
- ICHTHYS LNG PROJECT COMMENCES PRODUCTION 31st July 2018
- KAOMBO, LARGEST DEEP OFFSHORE DEVELOPMENT IN ANGOLA ON STREAM 30th July 2018
- WEATHERFORD DROPS LAND DRILLING OPERATIONS IN ALGERIA, KUWAIT AND SAUDI ARABIA 13th July 2018