ENI HIRES MAERSK DELIVERER TO DRILL IN THE TIMOR SEA
Maersk Drilling and Eni JDPA 11-106 B.V. (Eni) as operator of the JPDA 11-106 Joint Venture have signed a one-well contract for the semi-submersible rig Maersk Deliverer for exploration drilling in the Timor Sea. The estimated duration of the firm contract is two months, expected to commence in March 2019. The contract contains an option for an additional well with an expected duration of an additional two months. Eni is operator of the JPDA 11-106 PSC (40.53% equity) in joint venture with INPEX Offshore Timor-Leste Ltd (35.47%), and Timor GAP PSC 11-106 Unipessoal Limitada (TimorGap) (24%).
The Maersk Deliverer is currently warm-stacked in Labuan, Malaysia, after completing a well programme in March 2018. The rig, which was built in 2009 by Keppel Offshore and Marine in Singapore and is able to drill at water depths of up to 3,000 meters, is expected to mobilise into the Timor Sea in early 2019.
“We are very pleased to contribute to Eni’s exploration programme. This is a great opportunity for Maersk Deliverer,” says CCIO Morten Kelstrup of Maersk Drilling.
As part of executing the drilling campaign, Maersk Drilling will be using a quota of local personnel and procuring goods and services from local suppliers, hereby contributing to the local economy. (Source and image: Maersk Drilling)
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018