EQUINOR CELEBRATES 1000th CARGO AT HAMMERFEST LNG PLANT
Cargo number 1000 is celebrated at the Hammerfest LNG plant on Melkoya, the Snøhvit plant. The cargo consists of 140 500 cubic metres of liquefied natural gas (LNG). Total sales value of all the LNG cargos since the field came on stream is in the range of NOK 130-150 billion. In addition, we have the value of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and condensate.
Arctic Discoverer is the name of the tanker that will carry cargo number 1000 from the Hammerfest LNG plant. It will transport an LNG cargo from Melkøya to Bilbao in Spain.
With this cargo the plant has produced and delivered LNG at a value of NOK 130-150 billion since it came on stream in 2007, depending on the prices achieved in the period. LPG and condensate from the Snøhvit field have also created considerable value.
“I am proud of celebrating cargo number 1000 from the LNG plant since the start-up in 2007. The value created from Snøhvit and Melkøya so far has been fantastic. Our total production of liquefied natural gas (LNG), propane and butane (LPG) as well as condensate represents huge market value. Operation of the plant has also created jobs and other spinoffs on a large scale both locally, regionally and nationally,” says Andreas Sandvik, vice president of the Hammerfest LNG plant.
“Safe operation of the plant is our top priority and a prerequisite for good and efficient operation. During the past years we have worked hard on reducing CO2 emissions from our production and loading. Our people are doing a great job every day to create good results for the company, our owners and the local community. We will continue doing this for several decades ahead,” concludes Sandvik.
(Source and image: Equinor)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023