EQUINOR SELLS INTERESTS IN BRESSAY OILFIELD TO ENQUEST
Equinor has agreed to sell a 40.8125% interest in and transfer operatorship of the Bressay oil field development on the UK continental shelf to EnQuest. The initial consideration is GBP 2.2 million, payable as a carry against 50% of Equinor’s net share of costs, with a contingent consideration of USD 15 million following authority approval of a field development plan for Bressay.
“This transaction supports Equinor’s strategy to continually optimise our portfolio. We welcome EnQuest as the new operator of Bressay and believe the knowledge and experience both parties can share from our existing Mariner and Kraken developments will further strengthen the project,” says Arne Gürtner, Equinor’s senior vice president for UK & Ireland offshore.
The Bressay oil field was discovered east of Shetland in 1976 and Equinor became operator in 2007. The concept selection for the field development was deferred in 2016 due to challenging market conditions and the need to simplify the development concept.
“Equinor will continue to be the U.K.’s leading energy supplier, and we are committed to delivering oil, gas, wind power and hydrogen to the country – playing our role in creating jobs, boosting investment and lowering carbon emissions. We look forward to working with EnQuest and the U.K. authorities to progress the Bressay project,” says Gürtner.
The transaction is subject to customary conditions, including partner and authority approval, with an estimated completion date in Q4 2020. Following completion, EnQuest will have an 40.8125% interest and operatorship, Equinor will have 40.8125%, with Chrysaor retaining a 18.375% interest.
EnQuest is an independent United Kingdom-based petroleum exploration and production company which operates mainly in the United Kingdom Continental Shelf.
- JACQUES SAADE FIRST LNG-POWERED 23,000 TEU CONTAINER SHIP JOINS CMA CGM FLEET 23rd September 2020
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020
- EXELON GENERATION TO RETIRE BYRON AND DRESDEN NUCLEAL PLANTS IN 2021 28th August 2020
- NUCLEAR GENERATION REACHED NEAR-RECORD HIGH IN 2019 26th August 2020