ESTONIA SELECTS GE HITACHI BWRX-300 SMALL MODULAR REACTOR
GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy (GEH) BWRX-300 small modular reactor (SMR) has been selected by Fermi Energia for potential deployment in Estonia.
Fermi Energia is a privately-held company that was “formed to develop the possibility of introducing a new generation small modular reactor in Estonia.” GEH is one of three technology providers that reached the final round of Fermi Energia’s technology selection process.
GEH and Fermi Energia have worked together since 2019 when an agreement was reached to collaborate on potential deployment applications for the BWRX-300. The collaboration advanced in 2021 when the two parties entered into a teaming agreement to work together in key areas that included licensing support and supply chain development.
The technology selection by Fermi Energia is the latest development involving the BWRX-300.
GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy (GEH) headquartered in Wilmington, North Cartolina, USA, is a world-leading provider of advanced reactors and nuclear services.
(Source: GE Hitachi)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023