EXPANSION OF THE VOPAK TANK TERMINAL IN JAKARTA
Royal Vopak announced the expansion with 100.000 cbm for the storage of gasoline and biofuels of the PT Jakarta Tank Terminal (JTT), a joint venture company in Indonesia between Royal Vopak and PT AKR Corporindo Tbk (AKR). The expansion will take the total tank capacity of JTT to more than 350,000 cbm.
Strategically located in Tanjung Priok, the main port of Jakarta, JTT serves the import and distribution market in the greater Jakarta region for fuel products.The import of fuel products, particularly gasoline has been rapidly increasing in Indonesia over recent years and is expected to grow further driven by the economic growth of Indonesia and its growing population. The demand for tank storage facilities is expected to increase both with the expansion of gasoline distribution by existing players as with the market entry of new players.
This expansion will add to the terminal: 8 tanks with a total capacity of 100.000 cbm, for gasoline, ethanol and biodiesel, a vapour recovery unit and additional (in-line)blending infrastructure which will facilitate the customers to comply with Indonesia’s Biofuel Blending Mandate regulations.
The investment fits well in Vopak’s strategy to facilitate customers in growing import markets and will strengthen JTT’s position as an independent import location for fuels. The expansion is expected to be commissioned in phases from Q1 to Q4 2019. The terminal has a storage capacity of 251,025 cbm and enables the distribution of oil products in the greater Jakarta area. (Source: Royal Vopak)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024