ExxonMobil ACQUIRES JURONG AROMATICS PLANT
ExxonMobil Chemical Company announced today that its Singapore affiliate has completed its acquisition of Jurong Aromatics, one of the world’s largest aromatics facilities on Jurong Island in Singapore. The acquisition was first announced in May 2017.
The facility, previously owned by Jurong Aromatics Corporation, is located near ExxonMobil’s largest integrated refining and petrochemical complex, which has an ethylene production capacity of 1.9 million tonnes per year and a crude oil processing capacity of 592,000 barrels per day.
The acquisition will strengthen both sites with operational and logistical synergies, as well as increase ExxonMobil’s Singapore aromatics production to over 3.5 million tonnes per year, including 1.8 million tonnes of paraxylene, and add about 65,000 barrels per day of transportation fuels capacity.
“This strategic investment in our aromatics business in Singapore is a reflection of our ongoing commitment to meet the growing global demand for chemical products, particularly in Asia Pacific,” said Karen McKee, senior vice president of basic chemicals, intermediates and synthetics for ExxonMobil Chemical Company. “As a leading global manufacturer of aromatics, we are well positioned to serve our customers in these key markets.” (Source: ExxonMobil – Image: Jurong Island petrochemical complex / RB energy globalnews)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024