EXXONMOBIL OFFERED INTERESTS IN EXPLORATION BLOCKS IN INDIA’S DEEPWATER
India’s ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corp) has offered energy giant ExxonMobil a participating interest in about half a dozen exploration blocks located on the east and west coasts of India in Cauvery basin and Mumbai offshore
Exxon is likely to take a view after studying geological data, and a deal may take some time. ONGC is expected to offer a significant minority stake to Exxon in these blocks. It is also looking at partnering ExxonMobil in some of its difficult producing fields, as well as jointly bidding for exploration acreages in new rounds.
ONGC is studying a collaboration with Exxon to realise production potential in difficult fields by drawing on the latter’s technical expertise in dealing with similar plays elsewhere, another person said. However, the contours of possible partnership in producing fields located in difficult terrain are unclear. It could involve Exxon acquiring a participating interest in the field, a share in the enhanced output, or just seeking a fee for the service provided, he said.
(Source: India Times)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023