FINCANTIERI STARTS CONSTRUCTION OF TWO DUAL-FUEL CRUISE SHIPS FOR PRINCESS CRUISES
The steel of the first of two LNG (liquefied natural gas) cruise ships for Princess Cruises, a brand within Carnival Corporation, took place in San Giorgio di Nogaro (Udine) at Centro Servizi Navali, a company specialized in logistics and production of sheet metal for the Fincantieri yards located in northeastern Italy. The ship will be built in the Monfalcone yard.
At 175,000 gross tons the “Sphere” vessels will be the largest ships built so far in Italy. They will each accommodate approximately 4,300 guests and will be based on a next-generation platform design, being the first Princess Cruises ships to be dual-fuel powered primarily by LNG. This is the marine industry’s most environmentally friendly advanced fuel technology and the world’s cleanest fossil fuel, which will significantly reduce air emissions and marine gasoil usage.
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a world leader international premium cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 14 modern cruise ships, carrying two million guests each year to 380 destinations around the globe.
Fincantieri is an Italian shipbuilding company based in Trieste, Italy. Already the largest shipbuilder in Europe, after the acquisition of Vard in 2013, Fincantieri group doubled in size to become the fourth largest in the world. The company builds both commercial and military vessels.
(Source and image: Fincantieri – Montfalcone shipyard)
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021
- BAKER HUGHES SDS AND MHWIRTH FORM GLOBAL OFFSHORE DRILLING EQUIPMENT COMPANY 04th October 2021