FIRST DEEPWATER AUV SURVEY IN MEXICO FOR OCEANEERING
Oceaneering International has secured a contract to perform the first-ever deepwater AUV survey (Autonomous Underwater Vehicle) in Mexican waters.
The geophysical survey will be performed for BHP at its Trion development. Oceaneering will use the DP-2 Ocean Investigator, equipped with their OS-VI AUV and light geotechnical capabilities.
Work is currently underway and will continue for approximately 45 days. Oceaneering will also provide light geotechnical services by acquiring 6 m piston core soil samples.
Oceaneering Survey Services pioneered the world’s first commercially operated deepwater autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) nearly two decades ago. Oceaneering leads the market with our Ocean Surveyor AUVs and our AUV pipeline inspection capabilities incorporating state-of-the-art laser micro bathymetry systems. Combining side scan sonar, multibeam, camera, laser, and auto pipeline tracking, we provide pipeline inspection with a single pass over the top of the pipe or a single pass on either side of the pipe for full inspection and spanning analysis. As industry leaders in the fields of AUV technology and deepwater mapping, Oceaneering professionals have an unmatched depth of expertise and experience. Oceaneering sets the standard in deepwater AUV capability and has completed more than 237,985 mi (383,000 km) of survey for 93 clients on 580 different deepwater projects.
(Source and image: Oceaneering)
- NORWEGIAN TYCOON JOHN FREDERIKSEN STANDS DOWN AS SEADRILL CHAIRMAN 22nd November 2019
- SAIPEM AND SUBSEA 7 – A POSSIBLE MERGER TO CREATE A GIANT 19th November 2019
- SHEARWATER GEOSERVICES AWARDED LARGEST EVER 4D CAMPAIGN IN THE ASIA PACIFIC 18th November 2019
- TOTAL FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM IARA IN THE SANTOS BASIN DEEPWATER 18th November 2019
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019