FRAMATOME TO SUPPORT OPERATIONS OF TWO EPR UNITS AT TAISHAN NPP
Framatome signed a long-term service contract with the Taishan Nuclear Power Joint Venture Company Limited (TNPJVC) to support operations of two EPRs at the Taishan Nuclear Power Plant in China. This contract covers nuclear plant outage and maintenance work, including spare parts supply and engineering services for eight years.
“This contract marks an important step in our long-lasting collaboration with TNPJVC and illustrates the cooperation between France and China in the nuclear industry, using the lessons learned from our projects and from our experience in nuclear plant operations,” said Catherine Cornand, senior executive vice president of Framatome’s Installed Base Business Unit. “At Framatome, our teams are committed to providing our customers with innovative and efficient technologies and services for the safe, reliable and low-carbon operations of nuclear plants worldwide.”
Taishan Nuclear Power Plant Unit 1 is the first commercial and operational EPR in the world. Each capable of producing 1,750 megawatts of power, Taishan Units 1 and 2 are the world’s most powerful reactors currently in operation. The two EPRs are capable of supplying the Chinese power grid with up to 24 terawatt hours of low-carbon electricity a year, equivalent to the annual electricity consumption of 5 million people.
As a nuclear steam supply system specialist, Framatome designed the EPR and offers expertise in new build EPR projects alongside French utility EDF. In addition to the two EPRs in China, Framatome is contributing to the construction and commissioning of four EPRs – one at Olkiluoto in Finland, one at Flamanville in France and two at Hinkley Point in the United Kingdom.
TNPJVC is a joint venture between China General Nuclear Power Corporation (51%), EDF (30%) and Guangdong Energy Group (19%).
(Source: Framatome – Image: Taishan EPR)
- FOUR MISSING AFTER THE INSTALLATION JACKUP SHENG PING 001 CAPSIZES IN SOUTHEAST CHINA 27th July 2021
- SANTOS ACHIEVES RECORD PRODUCTION RATE FROM FIRST VAN GOGH PHASE TWO INFILL WELL 27th July 2021
- HALLIBURTON – OPERATING INCOME UP 17% SEQUENTIALLY WITH SOLID MARGIN PERFORMANCE 26th July 2021
- SCHLUMBERGER BEATS FORECAST WITH SOARING INCOME AND REVENUE 26th July 2021
- SANTOS CONFIRMS THE POSSIBLE MERGER OF OIL SEARCH AND SANTOS 21st July 2021
- SINGAPORE – KEPPEL AND SEMBCORP MARINE INITIATE TALKS ON POTENTIAL COMBINATION 25th June 2021
- HEEREMA’S SLEIPNIR BREAKS LIFTING RECORD ON JOHAN SVERDRUP FIELD 23rd June 2021