FRANCE: SOMMETTE WIND FARM COMPLETED
Working as owner’s engineer for John Laing Group based in London, Natural Power has successfully completed the construction phase of the Sommette wind farm in Picardie, Northern France.
Total installed capacity for the Sommette wind farm is 21.6 MW from nine Nordex N117/2400 turbines, each with capacity of 2.4 MW. The project benefits from a 15-year feed in tariff.
Baptiste Durand, Construction Manager at Natural Power in France, said: “Sommette wind farm is a typical French project, where Natural Power’s experts can help the project owner successfully through the construction phase, and we are delighted to have helped deliver this project ahead of schedule.”
Stefan Istrate, Commercial Construction Manager at John Laing, highlighted: “Natural Power delivered a strong performance during the construction phase at Sommette, with a good quality of service, being able to manage the completion of construction and start of the operational phase more than one month in advance.”
John Laing Group plc, the international originator, active investor and manager of infrastructure projects, acquired 100% of the Sommette-Eaucourt wind farm in September 2016, from French developer of the site and also EPC contractor for the BOP.
In addition to John Laing’s Pounds 11.7m equity investment, the construction of the Sommette wind farm was project financed with debt from ING Bank. (Source and image: Natural Power)
- EQUINOR: THE WORLD IS CHANGING AND SO IS STATOIL 16th May 2018
- ENI STARTS THIRD PRODUCTION UNIT ON ZOHR GAS FIELD 10th May 2018
- NUCLEAR FPU AKADEMIK LOMONOSOV TAKES THE SEA 07th May 2018
- RYSTAD ENERGY: 100 OFFSHORE PROJECTS SANCTIONED IN 2018 05th May 2018
- ONGC PLANS TO DRILL 535 WELLS THIS YEAR 04th May 2018
- BAHRAIN: LARGEST OIL FIND SINCE 1932 02nd April 2018