FRED. OLSEN WIND CARRIER AWARDED ALBATROS CONTRACT
Fred. Olsen Windcarrier has been awarded the transport and installation contract for Siemens Gamesa 7MW turbines at EnBW’s Albatros offshore wind farm by Siemens Gamesa. The Albatros wind farm is located 100km from shore in the German Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), in close proximity to previous Fred. Olsen Windcarrier installation projects: the BARD and Global Tech I wind farms. Turbine installation of the 112MW wind farm is scheduled to commence during second half of 2019. This project follows on directly from the Hohe See wind farm installation, awarded to Fred. Olsen Windcarrier in March 2016.
“This new contract will continue our strong relationship with Siemens Gamesa, emphasising faith in our vessels and future collaboration,” said Martin Degen, Commercial Manager for Fred. Olsen Windcarrier. “Being awarded this reinforces our prime position in the German North Sea.”
Fred. Olsen Windcarrier has a strong track record working in the German North Sea with Siemens, completing installation of the Veja Mate wind farm last week and having installed both the Riffgat and Butendiek wind farms, in 2013 and 2015 respectively.
Fred. Olsen Windcarrier fleet consists of two self-elevating, self-propelled jack-up vessels, Brave Tern and Bold Tern. The vessels have 800-tonne wrap-around-the-leg offshore-rated cranes, designed by Gusto MSC, as well as robust, continuous-type hydraulic jacking systems. In addition, each vessel has a DP2-class type dynamic positioning system and is fitted with a Voith Schneider propulsion system enabling secure and accurate positioning capabilities. (Source: Fred. Olsen Windcarrier)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020