FRED. OLSEN WIND CARRIER AWARDED ALBATROS CONTRACT
Fred. Olsen Windcarrier has been awarded the transport and installation contract for Siemens Gamesa 7MW turbines at EnBW’s Albatros offshore wind farm by Siemens Gamesa. The Albatros wind farm is located 100km from shore in the German Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), in close proximity to previous Fred. Olsen Windcarrier installation projects: the BARD and Global Tech I wind farms. Turbine installation of the 112MW wind farm is scheduled to commence during second half of 2019. This project follows on directly from the Hohe See wind farm installation, awarded to Fred. Olsen Windcarrier in March 2016.
“This new contract will continue our strong relationship with Siemens Gamesa, emphasising faith in our vessels and future collaboration,” said Martin Degen, Commercial Manager for Fred. Olsen Windcarrier. “Being awarded this reinforces our prime position in the German North Sea.”
Fred. Olsen Windcarrier has a strong track record working in the German North Sea with Siemens, completing installation of the Veja Mate wind farm last week and having installed both the Riffgat and Butendiek wind farms, in 2013 and 2015 respectively.
Fred. Olsen Windcarrier fleet consists of two self-elevating, self-propelled jack-up vessels, Brave Tern and Bold Tern. The vessels have 800-tonne wrap-around-the-leg offshore-rated cranes, designed by Gusto MSC, as well as robust, continuous-type hydraulic jacking systems. In addition, each vessel has a DP2-class type dynamic positioning system and is fitted with a Voith Schneider propulsion system enabling secure and accurate positioning capabilities. (Source: Fred. Olsen Windcarrier)
- SAIPEM AND SUBSEA 7 – A POSSIBLE MERGER TO CREATE A GIANT 19th November 2019
- SHEARWATER GEOSERVICES AWARDED LARGEST EVER 4D CAMPAIGN IN THE ASIA PACIFIC 18th November 2019
- TOTAL FLOWS FIRST GAS FROM IARA IN THE SANTOS BASIN DEEPWATER 18th November 2019
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019
- IRAN HAS DISCOVERED NEW GIANT OILFIELD IN KHUZESTAN PROVINCE 11th November 2019
- ENCANA TO LEAVE CANADA AND ESTABLISH HEADQUARTERS IN THE UNITED STATES 08th November 2019
- SAIPEM 7000 ESTABLISHES NEW LIFTING RECORD FOR THE GULF OF MEXICO 31st October 2019
- BP AND KOSMOS ENERGY MAKE MAJOR GAS DISCOVERY OFFSHORE MAURITANIA 29th October 2019