FUGRO AWARDED THREE LONG-TERM CONTRACTS BY PETROBRAS FOR ROV SERVICES
In partnership with Solstad and Oceanpact, Fugro has been awarded three long-term contracts by Petrobras to provide remotely operated vehicle (ROV) services for a variety of subsea activities in Brazil.
All three contracts are for 3-year firm periods with additional 1-year options.
Fugro will provide a total of five work class ROVs for these contracts, each outfitted with tooling and survey spreads that are operational in water depths of up to 3000 m. One ROV spread will be installed on the Solstad AHTS Far Statesman to conduct anchor handling and other subsea support activities. The remaining ROV spreads will be deployed in pairs on two vessels operated by Oceanpact to perform inspection, repair and maintenance (IRM) services. Led by a team of local, highly skilled personnel, all ROV services will be available to Petrobras around-the-clock to maximise work capacity and ensure operational efficiency.
“These new contracts will nearly double Fugro’s IRM capacity in Brazil, helping us capture the increase in demand for these services by Petrobras,” said Rogerio Carvalho, Country Manager for Fugro in Brazil. “The associated mobilisation plans with our vessel partners will be challenging amid the concerns caused by the Covid-19 pandemic but, with proven protocols in place, we look forward to confirming Fugro’s leading position as a supplier of ROV services in the region.”
(Source and image: Fugro)
- QATARENERGY TO INCREASE AL-SHAHEEN OIL PRODUCTION BY 100,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd February 2024
- MAJOR PIPELAY ACCIDENT OFF THE COAST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA 01st February 2024
- LATIN AMERICA AND AFRICA WILL LEAD THE WAY IN HIGH-IMPACT EXPLORATION DRILLING 01st February 2024
- SLB AND EQUINOR DRILL LONGEST WELL SECTION IN AUTONOMOUS MODE 31st January 2024
- SHELL TURNS A PAGE OF HISTORY IN NIGERIA 18th January 2024