FUGRO LANDS 3-YEAR CONTRACT OFFSHORE INDIA WITH ONGC
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) in India has awarded Fugro a 3-year contract to provide integrated survey services for the fourth consecutive time.
Work is now under way on the latest contract, which covers infield developments on the east and west coasts of India. The survey services include pipeline route engineering and rig site surveys using multibeam bathymetric, shallow seismic profiling, magnetometry and 2D UHR, along with rig positioning, current profile measurements and wellhead searches.
Fugro’s dedicated geophysical survey vessel, the Fugro Mapper, is mobilised to perform the surveys in water depths of up to 100 m. Geo-data results from the engineering surveys will provide ONGC with the seabed and sub-seabed insights they need to develop key offshore infrastructure.
Remmelt de Jong, Fugro’s Director for Marine Site Characterisation in the Middle East and India, said: “Being awarded this multi-year contract for the fourth consecutive time demonstrates the value Fugro has brought to Indian offshore development and our clients. We are especially proud of the strong relationship we have forged with ONGC and we intend to maintain the exemplary health and safety record we achieved in the three previous contracts, with no major downtime or zero lost time incidents over the last 9 years.”
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023