FUGRO TO DIVEST SEABED GEOSOLUTIONS BUSINESS
Fugro has entered into an agreement to acquire CGG’s 40% shareholding in Seabed Geosolutions and to terminate the Seabed Geosolutions’ joint venture agreement effective December 30, 2019 in exchange for a cash consideration of USD 35 million, paid by CGG before year-end 2019. The proceeds will be used to lower Fugro’s outstanding debt position and strengthen Seabed Geosolutions’ balance sheet.
Based in Trondheim, Norway, Seabed Geosolutions offers marine seismic surveying services, including modeling, survey planning and acquisition, processing, and analysis of seismic data. The company serves the oil industry in Norway and abroad.
Fugro remains fully committed to divest the Seabed Geosolutions business which is a non-core asset held for sale. It is expected that this transaction, which will result in Fugro becoming the sole owner of Seabed Geosolutions, will facilitate the divestment process.
In line with CGGs strategy to exit the data acquisition business, CGG has agreed to transfer its 40% shareholding in Seabed Geosolutions to Fugro before the end of the first quarter of 2020 and to conclude before year-end 2019 remaining matters regarding Seabed Geosolutions by paying USD 35 million to Fugro.
Seabed Geosolutions collects geophysical data on the seabed through an array of ocean bottom nodes technologies for oil and gas companies, focused on the development and production phases of their fields.
(Source: Fugro – Image: Alan Burchell)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020