FUGRO TO DIVEST SEABED GEOSOLUTIONS BUSINESS
Fugro has entered into an agreement to acquire CGG’s 40% shareholding in Seabed Geosolutions and to terminate the Seabed Geosolutions’ joint venture agreement effective December 30, 2019 in exchange for a cash consideration of USD 35 million, paid by CGG before year-end 2019. The proceeds will be used to lower Fugro’s outstanding debt position and strengthen Seabed Geosolutions’ balance sheet.
Based in Trondheim, Norway, Seabed Geosolutions offers marine seismic surveying services, including modeling, survey planning and acquisition, processing, and analysis of seismic data. The company serves the oil industry in Norway and abroad.
Fugro remains fully committed to divest the Seabed Geosolutions business which is a non-core asset held for sale. It is expected that this transaction, which will result in Fugro becoming the sole owner of Seabed Geosolutions, will facilitate the divestment process.
In line with CGGs strategy to exit the data acquisition business, CGG has agreed to transfer its 40% shareholding in Seabed Geosolutions to Fugro before the end of the first quarter of 2020 and to conclude before year-end 2019 remaining matters regarding Seabed Geosolutions by paying USD 35 million to Fugro.
Seabed Geosolutions collects geophysical data on the seabed through an array of ocean bottom nodes technologies for oil and gas companies, focused on the development and production phases of their fields.
(Source: Fugro – Image: Alan Burchell)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023