FUGRO VENTURER FIRST OFFSHORE SURVEY CAMPAIGNS
With a maiden voyage that takes her to the deep waters of Ireland’s Atlantic margin and the far North of the Barents Sea, Fugro Venturer is the newest of Fugro’s successful purpose-designed, standardised survey vessels, originally formulated in 2013. The Fassmer’s FOSV 71 hull was built at Hullkon shipyard in Poland.
The 72-metre vessel is a platform for technological innovation, where Fugro’s trademark technologies such as OARS (centralised command centres with direct access to offshore survey projects), Back2Base (enabling large amounts of survey data to be sent from offshore vessels to onshore processing centres and clients) and ROAMES (a powerful asset management solution streamlining subsea operations) are radically changing information delivery.
Fugro has secured a significant confirmed work backlog so that a campaign of site and pipeline route surveys, for clients including Aker BP, following commissioning and survey trials. Fugro Venturer is contracted to conduct simultaneous analogue/digital surveys, 3D high resolution seismic and environmental sampling and shallow geotechnical operations. An increased level of weather tolerance will ensure a highly reliable operational programme.
Specialised equipment enables sampling in water depths of up to 3,500 metres and a permanent AUV hangar houses a Kongsberg Hugin 1000 autonomous underwater vehicle. The vessel can host a multitude of ROV platforms and the specially designed hull form and propulsion systems ensure acoustically quiet and economical running at higher than standard survey speeds.
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020
- 5,000 TON LIEBHERR CRANE CRASHES DURING LOAD TEST ON ORION 1 INSTALLATION VESSEL 04th May 2020