FUGRO VENTURER FIRST OFFSHORE SURVEY CAMPAIGNS
With a maiden voyage that takes her to the deep waters of Ireland’s Atlantic margin and the far North of the Barents Sea, Fugro Venturer is the newest of Fugro’s successful purpose-designed, standardised survey vessels, originally formulated in 2013. The Fassmer’s FOSV 71 hull was built at Hullkon shipyard in Poland.
The 72-metre vessel is a platform for technological innovation, where Fugro’s trademark technologies such as OARS (centralised command centres with direct access to offshore survey projects), Back2Base (enabling large amounts of survey data to be sent from offshore vessels to onshore processing centres and clients) and ROAMES (a powerful asset management solution streamlining subsea operations) are radically changing information delivery.
Fugro has secured a significant confirmed work backlog so that a campaign of site and pipeline route surveys, for clients including Aker BP, following commissioning and survey trials. Fugro Venturer is contracted to conduct simultaneous analogue/digital surveys, 3D high resolution seismic and environmental sampling and shallow geotechnical operations. An increased level of weather tolerance will ensure a highly reliable operational programme.
Specialised equipment enables sampling in water depths of up to 3,500 metres and a permanent AUV hangar houses a Kongsberg Hugin 1000 autonomous underwater vehicle. The vessel can host a multitude of ROV platforms and the specially designed hull form and propulsion systems ensure acoustically quiet and economical running at higher than standard survey speeds.
- FIRST OIL FROM THE GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ARRIVED AT MONGSTAD PLANT 23rd October 2019
- SCHLUMBERGER Q3 2019 – INCOME STUNG BY MULTIBILLION PRETAX CHARGES 18th October 2019
- SO LONG BHGE – WELCOME TO BAKER HUGHES COMPANY 18th October 2019
- EQUINOR CELEBRATES 1000th CARGO AT HAMMERFEST LNG PLANT 11th October 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM 07th October 2019
- TUGBOAT BOURBON RHODE SINKS IN HURRICANE LORENZO – 11 MISSING 29th September 2019