BINH DINH: VIETNAM FUJIWARA SOLAR AND WIND POWER
The Binh Dinh Provincial People’s Committee has granted an investment license to the Fujiwara Solar Wind Power project, which has total investment capital of $63.69 million. Binh Dinh province lies along the south central coast of Vietnam. This is the key economic region of central Vietnam. The capital city is Quy Nhon, which is 649km from Ho Chi Minh City and 1.065km from Hanoi.
The project is 100 per cent foreign-invested by Japan’s Fujiwara Corporation and located on Phuong Mai Mountain at the Nhon Hoi Economic Zone on an area of 60 ha and with a capacity of 100 MW. The operating period is 50 years.
This project will be deployed during the second quarter and is expected to enter its first operational phase in the first quarter of 2019, producing 64 MW of solar power. The second phase, with additional investment in the 36 MW wind power plant, is expected to enter into operations in the first quarter of 2020.
Various national and international investors are interested in solar power wind power in the south-central province. Eighteen investors have projects registered and six have been licensed to build.
This is the second Japanese foreign direct investment (FDI) project at the Nhon Hoi Economic Zone and the 12th in Binh Dinh, bringing the total FDI from Japan to nearly $100 million. Other projects include a factory for furniture production belonging to Japan’s Marubeni Lumber Joint Stock Company.
Binh Dinh expects to attract huge investment capital from foreign investors at the Nhon Hoi Economic Zone. (Source: Vietnam Economic Times)
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019
- IRAN HAS DISCOVERED NEW GIANT OILFIELD IN KHUZESTAN PROVINCE 11th November 2019
- ENCANA TO LEAVE CANADA AND ESTABLISH HEADQUARTERS IN THE UNITED STATES 08th November 2019
- SAIPEM 7000 ESTABLISHES NEW LIFTING RECORD FOR THE GULF OF MEXICO 31st October 2019
- BP AND KOSMOS ENERGY MAKE MAJOR GAS DISCOVERY OFFSHORE MAURITANIA 29th October 2019
- SCHLUMBERGER Q3 2019 – INCOME STUNG BY MULTIBILLION PRETAX CHARGES 18th October 2019