GAZPROM ADDS 2 TRILLION CUBIC METERS TO YAMAL GAS RESERVES
Gazprom boosted Yamal gas production center’s resource base increasing the Kruzenshternskoye field’s gas reserves by 360 billion cubic meters.
The Federal Agency for Mineral Resources approved the expert opinion of the State Reserves Commission with regard to the calculation of hydrocarbon reserves in the Kruzenshternskoye gas and condensate field. The field forms part of the Bovanenkovo production zone, the basis for the development of a major gas production center in the Yamal Peninsula.
As a result of geological exploration carried out by Gazprom, the amount of Kruzenshternskoye’s recoverable gas reserves in the ?1+?2 commercial categories was increased by 360 billion cubic meters. Therefore, the field’s total gas reserves went up by 22 per cent from 1.64 trillion to 2 trillion cubic meters.
The Kruzenshternskoye field is unique in terms of the amount of its hydrocarbon reserves. It is located to the west of the Bovanenkovskoye field, partly onshore in the Yamal Peninsula but mostly in the waters of the Kara Sea.
In order to collect more precise data about the reserves of the Kruzenshternskoye field, Gazprom built a hi-tech directional exploration well from the coast of Sharapov Shar Bay. The well is 4.9 kilometers long, including a 3.9-kilometer seaward deviation. When constructing the sophisticated structures of the well, the Company used cutting-edge drilling technologies and solutions in the field of geophysical research.
In addition, Gazprom won the auction for the right to use subsoil reserves with the purposes of geological prospecting, hydrocarbon exploration and production within the Sopochny block (Tazovsky District, Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Area). As estimated by the Company, the block’s resource potential exceeds 500 million tons of fuel equivalent.
The Bovanenkovo production zone in the Yamal gas production center includes three fields: Bovanenkovskoye, Kharasaveyskoye, and Kruzenshternskoye.
(Source and Image: Gazprom)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020