GAZPROM AND BASF TO DEVELOP CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY COOPERATION
Sochi hosted an expanded 5th conference on promoting the relationship in the area of gas processing held by the Coordinating Committee for Strategic Cooperation between Gazprom and BASF.
The conference included a discussion of possible cooperation in technological innovation, digitalization of business processes, and localization of BASF chemical production in Russia.
To that end, Gazprom and BASF agreed to devise a comprehensive solution for separation of sulfur from natural gas. It is planned to optimize the performance and to improve the eco-efficiency of the Astrakhan Gas Processing Plant (GPP) by deploying state-of-the-art technologies. Special consideration will also be given to a possible application of highly-selective and energy-efficient technologies of BASF to boost the productivity and operational efficiency of amine gas treatment units at the Orenburg GPP.
The use of BASF synthetic compressor oils at Gazprom’s facilities is another promising area of cooperation. Featuring a low deposit buildup and an extended lifetime, they can additionally contribute to improving the reliability of equipment and cost reduction.
BASF, based in Ludwigshafen, Germany, is a leader in the global chemical industry. The company’s portfolio includes six business segments: chemicals, synthetics, industrial solutions, surfactants and related technologies, nutrition and care, and agricultural solutions.
In 1999, Gazprom and BASF entered into the Agreement of Strategic Cooperation. A Joint Coordinating Committee including a Joint Working Group for interaction in gas chemical projects was set up by the companies. The conference on cooperation in the area of gas processing is held once every two years, starting in 2009.
(Source and image: Gazprom/Sulfur production at the Orenburg GPP)
- ADNOC AND TOTAL – WORLD’S FIRST AUTOMATED SEISMIC ACQUISITION 14th November 2019
- IRAN HAS DISCOVERED NEW GIANT OILFIELD IN KHUZESTAN PROVINCE 11th November 2019
- ENCANA TO LEAVE CANADA AND ESTABLISH HEADQUARTERS IN THE UNITED STATES 08th November 2019
- SAIPEM 7000 ESTABLISHES NEW LIFTING RECORD FOR THE GULF OF MEXICO 31st October 2019
- BP AND KOSMOS ENERGY MAKE MAJOR GAS DISCOVERY OFFSHORE MAURITANIA 29th October 2019
- SCHLUMBERGER Q3 2019 – INCOME STUNG BY MULTIBILLION PRETAX CHARGES 18th October 2019