GAZPROM DISCOVERS NEW GAS DEPOSIT IN THE KARA SEA
Gazprom announced that a new gas deposit was discovered at the Leningradskoye field of the Yamal gas production center.
As a result of drilling and testing of an exploratory well, commercial gas inflow was obtained with a flow rate of about 600,000 cubic meters per day. This proves that the new deposit contains substantial amounts of gas. Therefore, the field’s commercial value is now much higher than before.
This marks the fourth major discovery made by Gazprom on the shelf of the Yamal Peninsula in the Kara Sea over the last two years.
The Company will calculate the newly-discovered reserves of the Leningradskoye field and present the findings to the State Reserves Commission in order to record them in the state register.
The Leningradskoye gas and condensate field is located in the Kara Sea within the Leningradsky licensed block. The field’s current recoverable gas reserves are estimated to total 1.9 trillion cubic meters and are classified as unique.
In 2019, Gazprom discovered the Dinkov and Nyarmeyskoye fields on the shelf of the Yamal Peninsula in the Kara Sea. In 2020, the Company discovered the 75 Years of Victory field on the Yamal shelf.
(Source and image: Gazprom – Gazprom drilling rig in the Kara Sea)
- SCHLUMBERGER NORTH AMERICA REVENUE DOWN 59% YEAR-ON-YEAR 19th October 2020
- JACQUES SAADE FIRST LNG-POWERED 23,000 TEU CONTAINER SHIP JOINS CMA CGM FLEET 23rd September 2020
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS 18th DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA 09th September 2020
- VLCC TANKER NEW DIAMOND ABLAZE OFF SRI LANKA 07th September 2020
- SCHLUMBERGER SELLS ITS NORTH AMERICAN FRACTURING BUSINESS TO LIBERTY 02nd September 2020