RUSSIA’s FIRST QUADRUPLE MULTI-LATERAL WELL AT NOVOPORTOVSKOYE
Gazprom Neft subsidiary Gazpromneft-Yamal has completed construction of Russia’s first ever multilateral well with four horizontal cased-hole side tracks, at its Novoportovskoye field. A total 6,756 metres was drilled, including 4,411 metres drilled in the target strata. The well was constructed in 39 days at a rate of 5.78 days per 1,000 metres.
Drilling horizontally branched wells facilitates a manifold increase in drainage from disjointed low-permeability strata, significantly increasing the oil recovery factor at productive strata and bringing marginal reserves into development without the need to drill additional wells. Russian-produced equipment was used in well construction, retooled in line with the specific geological conditions of the Novoportovskoye field.
The Novoport (Novoportovskoe) oil-gas-condensate field discovered in 1964 is one of the biggest green-field projects in the Yamal region and is located approximately 250km from the city of Nadym. (Source and image: Gazprom Neft – BKE rig in Novoportovskoye field)
- BP STARTS UP THUNDER HORSE NORTHWEST EXPANSION 19th October 2018
- NIGERIA: PIPE LINE BLAST KILLED 200 IN ABA 17th October 2018
- SHELL QGC TO DRILL 250 WELLS IN WESTERN DOWNS REGION OF QUEENSLAND 12th October 2018
- PEMEX DISCOVERS MAJOR OILFIELDS IN MEXICO’s SURESTE BASIN 11th October 2018
- ENSCO ACQUIRES ROWAN IN A $2.38 BILLION DEAL 09th October 2018