RUSSIA’s FIRST QUADRUPLE MULTI-LATERAL WELL AT NOVOPORTOVSKOYE
Gazprom Neft subsidiary Gazpromneft-Yamal has completed construction of Russia’s first ever multilateral well with four horizontal cased-hole side tracks, at its Novoportovskoye field. A total 6,756 metres was drilled, including 4,411 metres drilled in the target strata. The well was constructed in 39 days at a rate of 5.78 days per 1,000 metres.
Drilling horizontally branched wells facilitates a manifold increase in drainage from disjointed low-permeability strata, significantly increasing the oil recovery factor at productive strata and bringing marginal reserves into development without the need to drill additional wells. Russian-produced equipment was used in well construction, retooled in line with the specific geological conditions of the Novoportovskoye field.
The Novoport (Novoportovskoe) oil-gas-condensate field discovered in 1964 is one of the biggest green-field projects in the Yamal region and is located approximately 250km from the city of Nadym. (Source and image: Gazprom Neft – BKE rig in Novoportovskoye field)
- TIDEWATER AND GULFMARK TO MERGE 16th July 2018
- WEATHERFORD DROPS LAND DRILLING OPERATIONS IN ALGERIA, KUWAIT AND SAUDI ARABIA 13th July 2018
- BP: START-UP OF SHAH DENIZ 2 OFFSHORE AZERBAIJAN 04th July 2018
- GENERAL ELECTRIC TO SPIN OFF BAKER HUGHES AND GE HEALTHCARE 27th June 2018
- GE AND EDF TO CONSTRUCT SIX EPR’s IN INDIA 27th June 2018
- USGS: EAGLE FORD HOLDS 8.5 BILLION BARRELS OF UNDISCOVERED OIL 25th June 2018
- EIGHTH OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE GUYANA FOR EXXONMOBIL 21st June 2018