GAZPROM NEFT TESTS VOLGABURSERVIS PDC BIT
Gazprom Neft advised that it has successfully completed pilot testing of Russia’s first ever domestically produced polycrystalline diamond composite (PDC) drill bit, made by VolgaBurServis, during pilot drilling at its Vyngapurovskoye field, Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous region. The tool, developed by Samara-based company VolgaBurServis, is designed for drilling vertical, directional and horizontal wells in soft strata interbedded with medium-hard rock — consistent with the construction of most wells in the Noyabrsk district of the Yamalo-Nenets region.
The new equipment demonstrated high durability in testing, with the drill passing through the test section of the well — running to a length of 2,237 —without any damage or loss of bit inserts, and showing good handleability and a high bit-penetration rate. Pilot testing of PDC drilling with a domestically-produced PDC bit will continue under the more complex geological conditions of the Yarainerskoye field in the Purovsky district of the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug in February 2017. Once testing success has been confirmed the equipment will be put forward for implementation in production activities throughout Gazprom Neft’s upstream subsidiaries. (Source: Gazprom Neft)
- NEW OIL FIND FOR PETROBRAS IN THE CAMPOS BASIN PRE-SALT 03rd April 2020
- PETROBRAS REDUCES OIL PRODUCTION BY 200,000 BARRELS PER DAY 02nd April 2020
- BP RESPONDS TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND MARKET DISRUPTION 01st April 2020
- GAZPROM NEFT EXPANDS PRODUCTION FROM ARCTIC FIELDS 30th March 2020
- CONTRACT TERMINATIONS FOR VALARIS DS-8 AND JU-109 OFFSHORE ANGOLA 27th March 2020