GAZPROM NEFT TESTS VOLGABURSERVIS PDC BIT
Gazprom Neft advised that it has successfully completed pilot testing of Russia’s first ever domestically produced polycrystalline diamond composite (PDC) drill bit, made by VolgaBurServis, during pilot drilling at its Vyngapurovskoye field, Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous region. The tool, developed by Samara-based company VolgaBurServis, is designed for drilling vertical, directional and horizontal wells in soft strata interbedded with medium-hard rock — consistent with the construction of most wells in the Noyabrsk district of the Yamalo-Nenets region.
The new equipment demonstrated high durability in testing, with the drill passing through the test section of the well — running to a length of 2,237 —without any damage or loss of bit inserts, and showing good handleability and a high bit-penetration rate. Pilot testing of PDC drilling with a domestically-produced PDC bit will continue under the more complex geological conditions of the Yarainerskoye field in the Purovsky district of the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug in February 2017. Once testing success has been confirmed the equipment will be put forward for implementation in production activities throughout Gazprom Neft’s upstream subsidiaries. (Source: Gazprom Neft)
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020