HESS SELLS UTICA ACREAGE IN EASTERN OHIO
Hess Corporation announced that it has entered into an agreement to sell its joint venture interests in the Utica shale play in eastern Ohio to Ascent Resources Utica, LLC for net cash consideration of approximately $400 million, effective April 1.
“We continue to focus our portfolio by divesting lower return, non-core assets as part of our strategy to deliver long term value to shareholders,” CEO John Hess said. “Proceeds from this transaction will be used to invest in our higher return growth opportunities in Guyana and the Bakken and to fund the company’s previously announced share repurchase program.”
The divestiture consists of approximately 39,000 net acres including 26,000 net undeveloped acres. For full year 2018, net production is forecast to average 14,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day, of which approximately 70 percent is expected to be residue gas. Hess holds a 50 percent working interest as part of a joint venture with CNX Resources.
The agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and adjustments and is expected to close by the end of third quarter 2018. (Source: Hess Corporation)
- MAERSK VOYAGER TO DRILL WORLD RECORD WELL OFFSHORE ANGOLA 18th October 2021
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021