HESS SELLS UTICA ACREAGE IN EASTERN OHIO
Hess Corporation announced that it has entered into an agreement to sell its joint venture interests in the Utica shale play in eastern Ohio to Ascent Resources Utica, LLC for net cash consideration of approximately $400 million, effective April 1.
“We continue to focus our portfolio by divesting lower return, non-core assets as part of our strategy to deliver long term value to shareholders,” CEO John Hess said. “Proceeds from this transaction will be used to invest in our higher return growth opportunities in Guyana and the Bakken and to fund the company’s previously announced share repurchase program.”
The divestiture consists of approximately 39,000 net acres including 26,000 net undeveloped acres. For full year 2018, net production is forecast to average 14,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day, of which approximately 70 percent is expected to be residue gas. Hess holds a 50 percent working interest as part of a joint venture with CNX Resources.
The agreement is subject to customary closing conditions and adjustments and is expected to close by the end of third quarter 2018. (Source: Hess Corporation)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023