HYBRID JACKUP MAERSK INTREPID TO DRILL FOR MARTIN LINGE FIELD
The hybrid jack-up rig Maersk Intrepid has been awarded a contract for the drilling of three wells and plugging of one on the Martin Linge field. Maersk Drilling will also get a framework contract with Equinor.?
The value of the contract is estimated at some USD 100 million, including rig modifications and upgrades and exclusive of intervention activities, integrated services and any incentive payments for safe and efficient operations. The new contract is scheduled to take effect in September. The contract includes an option to drill one well.?
“We are pleased about the agreement we have entered into with Maersk Drilling. It builds on our long-term collaboration and facilitates continuous improvements in safety and efficient progress. This creates value for all parties,” says Peggy Krantz-Underland, Equinor’s chief procurement officer.
The integrated services in the rig contract are managed pressure drilling (MPD), slop treatment,?cuttings handling and tubular running services.
“This will be the first jack-up rig to have a hybrid package retrofit as one of several initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions during operations. The rig will also be prepared for the use of automated drilling technology. So far, the rig has been used to improve the bed capacity on the Martin Linge platform. We look forward to starting the drilling operations with Maersk Intrepid,” says Erik Gustav Kirkemo, senior vice president for drilling & well.
With a leg length of 678 ft Maerk Intrepid is one of the world’s largest jack-up rigs and is designed for year round operation in the North Sea, in water depths up to 492 ft. Delivered in 2014, the Gusto MSC CJ70-X150MD jackup was built by Keppel Offshore & Marine at Pioneer Yard in Singapore.
(Source: Equinor – Image: Maersk Intrepid towed to Wescon yard in Norway/Wescon)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020