HYDROCARBONS FIND IN THE FILICUDI PROSPECT IN SOUTHERN BARENTS SEA
Lundin Petroleum announced that its wholly owned subsidiary Lundin Norway has made an oil and gas discovery in the main well 7219/12-1 and is presently drilling a sidetrack 7219/12-1A on the Filicudi prospect. The wells are located in PL533 approximately 40 km southwest of Johan Castberg and 30 km northwest of the Alta and Gohta discoveries on the Loppa High in the southern Barents Sea. The main objective of the well was to prove oil in Jurassic and Triassic sandstone reservoirs. The well encountered a gross 129 metres hydrocarbon column of high quality sandstone reservoir characteristics, with 63 metres of oil and 66 metres gas in the Jurassic and Triassic targets. Extensive data acquisition and sampling has been carried out including coring, logging and oil and gas sampled from the wireline tools. The sidetrack well has reached total depth and has confirmed the reservoir and hydrocarbon column. The gross resource estimate for the Filicudi discovery is between 35 and 100 million barrels of oil equivalents (MMboe). Well results indicate significant upside potential that require further appraisal drilling. Multiple additional prospects have been identified on the Filicudi trend within PL533 with total gross unrisked prospective resource potential for the trend of up to 700 MMboe. The partnership is considering the drilling of up to two additional prospects in 2017. The semisubmersible drilling rig Leiv Eiriksson will after completion of the well on the Filicudi prospect in PL533 move to the Gohta discovery in PL492 to drill a second delineation well on this discovery.
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021
- BAKER HUGHES SDS AND MHWIRTH FORM GLOBAL OFFSHORE DRILLING EQUIPMENT COMPANY 04th October 2021