HYPERDYNAMICS HIRES PACIFIC SCIROCCO
Hyperdynamics Corporation announced has accepted a proposal from its drilling contractor, Pacific Drilling, to deploy the Pacific Scirocco drillship in place of the Pacific Bora for Hyperdynamics’ upcoming deepwater exploration well offshore the Republic of Guinea. Financial terms under the earlier contract with Pacific Drilling for the Pacific Bora are unchanged. Hyperdynamics plans to spud the Fatala-1 well in April 2017.
“We are very pleased to be able to engage the Pacific Scirocco for our drilling campaign,” said Hyperdynamics President and Chief Executive Officer Ray Leonard.
“The Pacific Scirocco is equipped to drill in deeper water — up to 12,000 feet — and could handle either of the two optional follow-up fan wells that may be drilled if the Fatala-1 well is successful.
“We understand that the Scirocco has been working offshore Nigeria for TOTAL for the last five years and has achieved a 98% up-time record, with no lost-time incidents. Having a rig and a crew that has performed so consistently at such a high level of safety and efficiency should greatly enhance our program,” Leonard said. “The Scirocco completes its current contract with TOTAL on January 19 and afterwards will be anchored offshore Abidjan, Ivory Coast. This will enable Schlumberger, our integrated project manager for drilling services, to utilize its base there to outfit the drillship in plenty of time for an April 2017 spud date,” he added.
Hyperdynamics is an emerging independent oil and gas exploration company that is exploring for oil and gas offshore the Republic of Guinea in West Africa.
- PETROFAC EMIRATES AWARDED TWO CONTRACTS WORTH $1.65 BILLION IN ABU DHABI 19th February 2020
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020