I3 ENERGY SPUDS SERENITY APPRAISAL WELL
i3 Energy, an independent oil and gas company with assets and operations in the UK, announced that the Borgland Dolphin semi-submersible drilling rig has arrived on location at the Serenity field and that the SA-01 appraisal well has now been spud. The Company will provide SA-01 drilling results to the market when the well has reached total depth and acquired data has been evaluated. The SA-01 well is intended to confirm that the Serenity structure, which the Company has previously announced is estimated to have a P50 resource of 197 MMbbls of STOIIP, is hydrocarbon bearing and that it is a material extension of the Tain discovery which is situated in the adjoining Block 13/23b. Upon completion, the Serenity well will be plugged and abandoned as planned.
Majid Shafiq, CEO of i3 Energy commented:
“We are excited to be drilling this potentially high-impact well at Serenity which could add materially to i3’s reserves and resources and may become a fast-tracked development alongside the neighboring Tain oil field. The Borgland Dolphin continues to perform very well with operations running smoothly to date and we look forward to updating the market as our well objectives are achieved.”
Serenity is the second of a three-well drilling campaign for i3, which last month drilled a pilot well at the Liberator field situated roughly 120km off the shore of Aberdeen in the UK North Sea.
(Source: I3 Energy)
- ENI DISCOVERS OIL IN THE MID-DEEP WATER OF THE CUENCA SALINA OFFSHORE MEXICO 18th February 2020
- JEBEL ALI BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS DISCOVERY IN 15 YEARS 05th February 2020
- STAGE COMPLETIONS COMPLETES RECORD 142-STAGE JOB IN THE PERMIAN BASIN 30th January 2020
- EXXONMOBIL DISCOVERS OIL AT UARU OFFSHORE GUYANA 29th January 2020
- ENCANA BECOMES OVINTIV AND ESTABLISHES HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER 27th January 2020
- HALLIBURTON REPORTS $1.7 BILLION LOSS IN Q4 2019 22nd January 2020