ICHTHYS LNG PROJECTS ACHIEVES 100th LNG SHIPMENT MILESTONE
Inpex Corporation announced that the 100th shipment of liquefied natural gas (LNG) has departed from the Inpex-operated Ichthys LNG Project’s onshore gas liquefaction plant in Darwin in the Northern Territory of Australia. Shipments of LNG from the Project commenced in October 2018.
Inpex will continue to lead efforts to sustain stable operations at the Ichthys LNG Project with the understanding and cooperation of all its stakeholders, including the project’s joint venture partners, the local communities, the Australian federal government and the governments of the Northern Territory and Western Australia. Approximately 70% of the LNG produced is scheduled to be supplied to Japanese customers. Through the Project, Inpex is poised to contribute further to the stable supply of energy to Japan while responding to the energy demand in Asia and around the world. Furthermore, INPEX will apply the knowledge, skills and experience acquired as operator of the Project to the development, operations and management of the Abadi LNG Project 100th shipment of LNG from the Ichthys LNG Project in Indonesia and other projects it is in involved in, to grow its business and further enhance its corporate value.
Based in Tokyo, Inpex Corporation is Japan’s largest exploration and production (E&P) company, and a mid-tier E&P player just behind the world’s oil majors.
(Source and image: Inpex/Shipment of 100th LNG cargo)
- CHESAPEAKE FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 30th June 2020
- BP SELLS ITS PETROCHEMICAL BUSINESS TO INEOS 30th June 2020
- NORILSK NICKEL TANK COLLAPSES – 21,000 TONS OF DIESEL LEAK INTO ARTIC RIVER 05th June 2020
- VATTENFALL TO CONSTRUCT WORLD’S LARGEST OFFSHORE WINDFARM 05th June 2020
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020