INEOS COMPLETES THE ACQUISITION OF HESS ASSETS IN DENMARK FOR $150 MILLION
INEOS E&P A/S, which is a part of INEOS Energy, has announced that it has completed the previously announced agreement to acquire the subsidiary HESS Denmark ApS. for a total consideration of $150 million, effective January 1st 2021.
INEOS acquires 61.5% of the Syd Arne oil field, currently operated by HESS, which complements the 36.8% share INEOS already holds in the field. INEOS will also acquire 4.8% of the Solsort field, which is already operated by INEOS.
INEOS currently operates the Siri field area in Denmark. By becoming the Operator of Syd Arne INEOS expects to unlock operational and cost synergies between the two assets.
The increased operated position in Denmark compliments INEOS’ leadership in the Greensands project, which recently confirmed the strong Danish consortium to progress the CO2 capture, transport and storage pilot project.
Brian Gilvary, Executive Chairman of INEOS Energy said, “I am pleased we have been able to complete the acquisition. The deal represents a major step in reshaping our energy business. It also opens up prospects that can be developed in Denmark’s offshore oil and gas sector, supported by a very promising carbon storage project.”
(Source: Ineos – Image: Maersk Resolute on tow at South Arne oilfield/George Toma)
- MAERSK VOYAGER TO DRILL WORLD RECORD WELL OFFSHORE ANGOLA 18th October 2021
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021