IRAQ – LUKOIL PRODUCED 100 MILLION TONS OF OIL AT WEST QURNA-2
Russian Lukoil advised that cumulative production at the West Qurna-2 field has reached 100 million tons of oil as part of successful implementation of Phase 1 of the project. With 184 wells drilled at the field, the average daily production rate is 400,000 barrels.
To manage the field’s production, Lukoil uses the intelligent field concept which allows to control and adjust where necessary the production indicators in real-time.
In 2018, the company started Phase 2 of the field’s development which envisages growth in daily production to 480,000 barrels in 2020 and to a plateau of 800,000 barrels per day in 2025. In January 2019, the drilling of 28 wells began on well pad #4. As of today, contracts have been signed to drill 57 production wells, including 54 at the Mishrif and 3 at the Yamama formations.
West Qurna is one of Iraq’s largest oil fields, located north of Rumaila field, west of Basra. West Qurna is believed to hold 43 billion barrels of recoverable reserves.
In December 2009, Russia’s Lukoil and Norway’s Statoil were awarded the rights to develop the 12.88-billion-barrels West Qurna Phase II oil field. In March 2012, Statoil sold its 18.75% stake in the field to Lukoil, giving the Russian firm a 75% stake, and leaving the Iraqi state oil company with 25%.
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS NEW OIL FIND ON THE STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 16th September 2019
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS FINDS ROOT CAUSE OF THE TUROY H225 CRASH 14th September 2019
- LAUNCH OF THE GIANT ARCTIC LNG 2 DEVELOPMENT APPROVED 09th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL TO LEAVE NORWAY FOR GOOD – THE END OF A BEAUTIFUL STORY 08th September 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM IN OCTOBER 06th September 2019