ISLAND OFFSHORE AWARDED ONE WELL CONTRACT AT WHISTIN
Island Drilling Company AS, announced that the company has been awarded a drilling contract with OMV Norge AS.
The contract is for one well at the Wisting license (PL 537) with the rig Island Innovator. Start-up is scheduled for 3rd quarter 2017.
Island Innovator is currently in warm lay-up at Hanøytangen, Bergen.
In the period from contract date until commencement date, project activities and training of crew on board the rig will be carried out.
Island Innovator is a mid-water floater built at Cosco Xhoushan Shipyard, China, in 2012. (Source: Island Drilling)
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020
- 5,000 TON LIEBHERR CRANE CRASHES DURING LOAD TEST ON ORION 1 INSTALLATION VESSEL 04th May 2020