ISLAND DRILLING SECURES WORK WITH DANA PETROLEUM FOR ISLAND INNOVATOR IN THE UK NORTH SEA
Island Drilling Company announced that it has signed a contract with Dana Petroleum (E&P) Limited to provide the Island Innovator drilling unit and associated services for a work program in the UK in 2023. The commencement is in April 2023.
The work is for 3 firm and 1 optional well. The firm work is estimated to 80 days and the optional work is estimated to be 30 days. The total contract value is estimated to 30 MUSD.
This is the second contract Island Drilling Company has signed with Dana Petroleum (E&P) Limited.
“Dana Petroleum was our first customer after a long yard stay during Covid. Even after the layup period, the operation was very efficient and we take this as a complement to our excellent crew and their performance.We are very pleased to be selected by Dana once again. It is our opinion the operators see that our type of rig gives the operator the best total cost of ownership.We will do our outmost to deliver beyond expectations.” Says CEO, Roger Simmenes.
Island Innovator is a Global Maritime GM4000 mid-water floater built in 2012 by Cosco in Zhoushan, China. The semi-submersible is currently ready staked near Bergen in Norway.
Island Drilling based in Ulsteinvik, Norways owns and operates a single special purpose semi-submersible, the Island Innovator.
(Source and image: Island Drilling)
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023