ITHACA ENERGY SECURES DEEPSEA BERGEN SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE
Odfjell Drilling has signed a contract with Ithaca Energy (UK) Limited for the midwater semi-submersible Deepsea Bergen, for one firm production well, plus optional wells with commencement in either 2019 or 2020 to be mutually agreed, on the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS).
Commencement of the firm well is scheduled for February 2019 with an expected duration of 115 days and will be followed by a contract on Norwegian Continental Shelf with OMV Norge for a one firm high pressure high temperature well (HPHT-well) as earlier announced.
Deepsea Bergen is currently working for Equinor, which is expected to be completed in December 2018.
Deepsea Bergen is an Aker midwater semi-sumersible delivered in 1983 at Verdal Shipyard in Norway. (Source: Odfjell Drilling)
- TOTAL REPORTS IMPORTANT DISCOVERY IN THE OUTENIQUA BASIN OFFSHORE SOUTH AFRICA 07th February 2019
- NEW OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE GUYANA AT TILAPIA AND HAIMARA WELLS 07th February 2019
- THE WORLD’S MOST POPULATED CITIES IN 2035 02nd February 2019
- EXXONMOBIL LEADER OF THE OIL AND GAS EXPLORERS IN 2018 01st February 2019
- OCEAN GREATWHITE WORLD’S LAGEST DRILLING SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE ARRIVES AT KISHORN PORT 18th January 2019