ITHACA ENERGY SECURES DEEPSEA BERGEN SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE
Odfjell Drilling has signed a contract with Ithaca Energy (UK) Limited for the midwater semi-submersible Deepsea Bergen, for one firm production well, plus optional wells with commencement in either 2019 or 2020 to be mutually agreed, on the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS).
Commencement of the firm well is scheduled for February 2019 with an expected duration of 115 days and will be followed by a contract on Norwegian Continental Shelf with OMV Norge for a one firm high pressure high temperature well (HPHT-well) as earlier announced.
Deepsea Bergen is currently working for Equinor, which is expected to be completed in December 2018.
Deepsea Bergen is an Aker midwater semi-sumersible delivered in 1983 at Verdal Shipyard in Norway. (Source: Odfjell Drilling)
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023