ITHACA ENERGY SECURES DEEPSEA BERGEN SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE
Odfjell Drilling has signed a contract with Ithaca Energy (UK) Limited for the midwater semi-submersible Deepsea Bergen, for one firm production well, plus optional wells with commencement in either 2019 or 2020 to be mutually agreed, on the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS).
Commencement of the firm well is scheduled for February 2019 with an expected duration of 115 days and will be followed by a contract on Norwegian Continental Shelf with OMV Norge for a one firm high pressure high temperature well (HPHT-well) as earlier announced.
Deepsea Bergen is currently working for Equinor, which is expected to be completed in December 2018.
Deepsea Bergen is an Aker midwater semi-sumersible delivered in 1983 at Verdal Shipyard in Norway. (Source: Odfjell Drilling)
- SO LONG ROWAN, SO LONG ENSCO – WELCOME TO VALARIS 04th July 2019
- LARGEST GAS FIND EVER FOR THAILAND’S PTTEP OFFSHORE SARAWAK 01st July 2019
- LM WIND POWER SHOWS OFF WORLD’S LONGEST WIND TURBINE BLADE 24th June 2019
- PIONEERING SPIRITS LIFTS 25,000 TON BRENT BRAVO TOPSIDES 20th June 2019
- TWO OIL TANKERS DAMAGED IN SUSPECTED ATTACK IN THE GULF OF OMAN 14th June 2019