JDC SCRAPS THE SAGADRIL-2 JACKUP
Japan Drilling Company (JDC) offshore jack-up drilling rig SAGADRIL-2 (formerly HAKURYU-7), owned by JDC’s subsidiary Sagadril 2, Inc., was sold on 5th January 2019. JDC decided to sell this 1981 built jack-up rig to an overseas entity for demolition. Sagadril-2 operated mainly in the Arabian Gulf in the last 20 years.
The Hakuryu-7, a Mitsubishi MDT76J-VIII was built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries at Hiroshima Shipyard & Engine Works. (Source: JDC)
- ENI REPORTS NEW GAS DISCOVERY IN NOUR NORTH SINAI OFFSHORE EGYPT 14th March 2019
- ENI REPORTS MAJOR OIL DISCOVERY IN THE AGOGO PROSPECT IN ANGOLA’S DEEPWATER 13th March 2019
- EXXONMOBIL TO INCREASE PERMIAN BASIN OUTPUT TO 1 MILLION BARRELS PER DAY 07th March 2019
- GLAUCUS-1 – ANOTHER GIANT HIT FOR EXXONMOBIL OFFSHORE CYPRUS 01st March 2019
- IN 2018 EXXONMOBIL ADDED 4.5 BILLION BARRELS TO RESERVES 28th February 2019