JEFF MILLER BECOMES PRESIDENT AND CEO OF HALLIBURTON
Halliburton Company announced its Board of Directors has unanimously elected Jeff Miller, the Company’s president and a board member, to the position of president and CEO. Dave Lesar, who has led Halliburton as chairman and CEO since 2000, will continue serving the Company as executive chairman. The leadership changes are effective June 1, 2017.
“I am grateful to the Board and Dave for this opportunity to serve Halliburton shareholders and employees,” Miller said. “I have been fortunate to work directly with Dave for many years and to learn from him as we execute and deliver industry-leading returns by serving our customers and growing our revenue and margins. I look forward to leading our organization as we continue to collaborate and engineer solutions to maximize asset value for our customers.”
Miller will provide the day-to-day leadership and management of the Company. He will also be responsible for the planning and execution of Halliburton’s strategic direction, financial objectives, and technology development along with Halliburton’s management team who will report directly to him.
As executive chairman, Lesar will continue to play an important leadership role focusing on the strategic direction of the Company, advising the Halliburton management team and transitioning CEO responsibilities to Miller who will then continue reporting to Lesar. He will be actively engaged with shareholders and continue working with customers to ensure the Company is best addressing their needs. Lesar has entered into a new executive employment agreement that provides that he will continue as executive chairman through mandatory retirement on December 31, 2018, and contains a 4 year non-compete. (Source: Halliburton)
- SCHLUMBERGER AND SUBSEA 7 TO FORM A JOINT VENTURE 23rd February 2018
- BORR DRILLING ACQUIRES PARAGON OFFSHORE 23rd February 2018
- FIRST LIVE OIL SEEPS DISCOVERED ONSHORE JAMAICA 23rd February 2018
- BASSOE OFFSHORE: UP TO 200 JACKUPS TO SCRAP 17th February 2018
- NOBLE ENERGY SELLS DEEPWATER GULF ASSETS FOR $710 MILLION 16th February 2018
- NEPTUNE ENERGY ACQUIRES ENGIE E&P 16th February 2018
- BLAST ONBOARD SAGAR BHUSHAN DRILLSHIP KILLS FIVE 15th February 2018