JX NIPPON FLOWS FIRST OIL FROM LAYANG FIELD
Shunsaku Miyake, President and CEO of JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration Corporation announced that its subsidiary JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration (Malaysia), the Operator of Block SK10 offshore Sarawak, Malaysia with a participating interest of 75%, commenced commercial gas production from Layang Field on 28 May, 2017.
Layang Field is located approximately 7 km east of the producing Helang Gas Field in Block SK10. Natural gas produced from Layang Field, together with natural gas from Helang Gas Field, will be supplied through subsea pipelines to the MLNG Tiga Sdn. Bhd. liquefaction plant in Bintulu, Sarawak, which is partly owned by JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation. The natural gas will be sold as LNG after liquefaction to its customers including buyers in Japan.
The initial production of natural gas and condensate from Layang Field is estimated about 12,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. (Source: JX Nippon)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020