JX NIPPON FLOWS FIRST OIL FROM LAYANG FIELD
Shunsaku Miyake, President and CEO of JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration Corporation announced that its subsidiary JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration (Malaysia), the Operator of Block SK10 offshore Sarawak, Malaysia with a participating interest of 75%, commenced commercial gas production from Layang Field on 28 May, 2017.
Layang Field is located approximately 7 km east of the producing Helang Gas Field in Block SK10. Natural gas produced from Layang Field, together with natural gas from Helang Gas Field, will be supplied through subsea pipelines to the MLNG Tiga Sdn. Bhd. liquefaction plant in Bintulu, Sarawak, which is partly owned by JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation. The natural gas will be sold as LNG after liquefaction to its customers including buyers in Japan.
The initial production of natural gas and condensate from Layang Field is estimated about 12,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. (Source: JX Nippon)
- EXXONMOBIL REPORTS NEW OIL FIND ON THE STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 16th September 2019
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS FINDS ROOT CAUSE OF THE TUROY H225 CRASH 14th September 2019
- LAUNCH OF THE GIANT ARCTIC LNG 2 DEVELOPMENT APPROVED 09th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL TO LEAVE NORWAY FOR GOOD – THE END OF A BEAUTIFUL STORY 08th September 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM IN OCTOBER 06th September 2019