JX NIPPON COMMENCES PRODUCTION FROM BERYL GAS FIELD OFFSHORE SARAWAK
Mr. Hiroshi Hosoi, President and CEO of JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration Corporation announced that its subsidiary JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration (Malaysia) Limited, the Operator of Block SK10 offshore Sarawak, Malaysia together with PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd, commenced commercial gas production from Beryl Gas Field in September 2018.
Beryl Gas Field lies in the shallow zone in Block SK10 offshore Sarawak. The produced gas will be supplied through subsea pipelines to the MLNG Tiga Sdn. Bhd. liquefaction plant in Bintulu, Sarawak, which is partly owned by JXTG Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation. The natural gas will be sold as LNG after liquefaction to its customers including buyers in Japan.
As per the Medium-Term Management Plan released in 2017, we will allocate our business resources preferentially to the regions, such as Southeast Asia, where we can exercise our strength, pursuing strategy of selection and concentration. We intend to maintain and strengthen our long-term good relationship in Malaysia and enhance our capacity to raise revenue through our E&P business activity as Operator. (Source: JX Nippon)
- MAERSK VOYAGER TO DRILL WORLD RECORD WELL OFFSHORE ANGOLA 18th October 2021
- AKER BP – 35 YEARS OLD ULA FIELD WILL PRODUCE OIL FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS 12th October 2021
- GIANT LIANGHEKOU HYDROPOWER PLANT BEGINS OPERATIONS IN SICHUAN PROVINCE 10th October 2021
- RYSTAD ENERGY – VACA MUERTA QUICKEST GROWING SHALE PLAY IN THE WORLD 08th October 2021
- VAN OORD ORDERS MEGA JACKUP TO INSTALL 20 MW OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES 04th October 2021