KEPPEL O&M SELLS FIVE EXISTING JACKUPS TO BORR DRILLING
Keppel Offshore & Marine (Keppel O&M) has through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Keppel FELS, signed a Master Agreement with Borr Drilling Limited (Borr Drilling) for the sale of five jackup rigs for a total value of approximately US$745m.
These are existing jackup rigs which are currently being built by Keppel FELS to the KFELS B class designs.
The total price of the five rigs excludes any down payments made by the respective original owners.
The Master Agreement will become effective upon the satisfaction of certain conditions, including Borr Drilling raising sufficient funds, and the relevant sales and purchase agreements for the individual rigs having been entered into.
Borr Drilling will pay a first instalment of US$288 million within 20 business days of the effective date of the Master Agreement and the remaining amounts are payable within five years from the respective delivery dates of each individual rig, on a seller’s credit with interest at market rates.
The rigs are scheduled to be delivered progressively from 4Q 2019 to 4Q 2020, with one rig to be delivered in 2019 and four rigs in 2020.
CEO of Borr Drilling, Mr Svend Anton Maier, added, “We are pleased to be getting another five high quality jackup rigs from Keppel FELS on top of the five we acquired earlier. Our partnership with Keppel is crucial as it enables us to provide the market with the latest in jackup rig technology, safety and operability. This is an opportune time for us to grow our fleet of highly capable jackup rigs as the market is showing signs of recovery from the bottom of the business cycle.”
Borr Drilling has also acquired nine existing jackups built at PPL Shipyard in Singapore. (Source: Keppel O&M – Image: Borr Natt derrick as it appears at PPL shipyard among the idle newbuilds/ReneP/energy global news)
- AASTA HANSTEEN GAS FIELD ON STREAM 18th December 2018
- ARGENTINA: PETRONAS AND YPF TO INVEST $2.3 BILLION IN LA AMARGA CHICA 12th December 2018
- ENI STRIKES OIL IN THE AFOXE PROSPECT OFFSHORE ANGOLA 10th December 2018
- TALOS ENERGY COMMENCES ZAMA-2 APPRAISAL CAMPAIGN 04th December 2018
- EXXONMOBIL MAKES 10TH DISCOVERY IN STABROEK BLOCK OFFSHORE GUYANA 04th December 2018
- IXACHI BECOMES MEXICO’S LARGEST DISCOVERY IN 25 YEARS 03rd December 2018
- THE GIGANTIC AIRPORTS OF THE FUTURE – ISTANBUL, DAXING, CHANGI, LONG THANH 24th November 2018
- BP STARTS UP CLAIR RIDGE OIL PRODUCTION IN WEST OF SHETLAND 24th November 2018