KONGSBERG MARITIME WINS MILESTONE CONTRACT FOR AWILCO NEWBUILD SEMI
Kongsberg Maritime has won its first milestone order for a major project combining KONGSBERG control and electrical systems with power, propulsion and mooring solutions.
The contract is valued at approximately MNOK 350.
The contract with Singapore’s KeppelFELS shipyard for a newbuild Awilco Drilling Owned Moss CS60Eco semi-submersible drilling rig covers a diverse technology and equipment package, previously not available from a single partner serving the shipbuilding sector.
Delivery will take place during Q2/Q3 2020 with the rig due for completion in March 2022.
“Our contract with KeppelFELS demonstrates our position as a world class, global organisation with the unique ability to supply operational technology and major ship’s equipment as a single contract,” said Egil Haugsdal, President, Kongsberg Maritime.
“As one Kongsberg Maritime, our goal is to provide sustainable, safe and cost-effective integrated solutions that optimise operations and deliver value across the board”, says Haugsdal.
- MAERSK VOYAGER TO DRILL IN THE DEEPEST WATER DEPTH EVER DRILLED 15th January 2020
- EQUINOR TO EXTEND STATFJORD FIELD PRODUCTION TOWARDS 2040 10th January 2020
- APACHE AND TOTAL REPORT SIGNIFICANT OIL DISCOVERY OFFSHORE SURINAME 08th January 2020
- HYDEPLOY – FIRST HYDROGEN INJECTION INTO KEELE UNIVERSITY GAS NETWORK 04th January 2020
- REPSOL HITS OIL ON THE KANUKU LICENSE OFFSHORE GUYANA 03rd January 2020
- GAZPROM AND NAFTOGAZ SIGN MAJOR GAZ TRANSIT DEAL 02nd January 2020