KONGSBERG MARITIME WINS MILESTONE CONTRACT FOR AWILCO NEWBUILD SEMI
Kongsberg Maritime has won its first milestone order for a major project combining KONGSBERG control and electrical systems with power, propulsion and mooring solutions.
The contract is valued at approximately MNOK 350.
The contract with Singapore’s KeppelFELS shipyard for a newbuild Awilco Drilling Owned Moss CS60Eco semi-submersible drilling rig covers a diverse technology and equipment package, previously not available from a single partner serving the shipbuilding sector.
Delivery will take place during Q2/Q3 2020 with the rig due for completion in March 2022.
“Our contract with KeppelFELS demonstrates our position as a world class, global organisation with the unique ability to supply operational technology and major ship’s equipment as a single contract,” said Egil Haugsdal, President, Kongsberg Maritime.
“As one Kongsberg Maritime, our goal is to provide sustainable, safe and cost-effective integrated solutions that optimise operations and deliver value across the board”, says Haugsdal.
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS FINDS ROOT CAUSE OF THE TUROY H225 CRASH 14th September 2019
- LAUNCH OF THE GIANT ARCTIC LNG 2 DEVELOPMENT APPROVED 09th September 2019
- EXXONMOBIL TO LEAVE NORWAY FOR GOOD – THE END OF A BEAUTIFUL STORY 08th September 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM IN OCTOBER 06th September 2019
- ARRIVAL OF LIZA DESTINY OFFSHORE GUYANA 30th August 2019
- BP SAYS GOODBYE TO ALASKA – SALE OF BUSINESS TO HILCORP FOR $ 5.6 BILLION 28th August 2019