KOSMOS HIRES ATWOOD ACHIEVER
Atwood Oceanics announced that one of its subsidiaries agreed to a one well contract at an undisclosed day rate for operations offshore Northwest Africa with Kosmos Energy Ventures for the ultra-deepwater rig, the Atwood Achiever. The new contract will commence immediately following the completion of the well in progress under the existing contract and also includes six one-well priced options. As a result of this contract, the expected earliest availability of the Atwood Achiever is March 2018, assuming no options are exercised. If all six options were to be exercised, the drilling program would be expected to extend until approximately December 2018.
Rob Saltiel, President and Chief Executive Officer of Atwood Oceanics, commented, “We are pleased to extend our drilling operations for Kosmos Energy in Northwest Africa. Kosmos continues to be a valued client, and we appreciate their confidence in the Atwood Achiever.”
Atwood Achiever, a DSME 12000 ultra-deepwater drillship was delivered in September 2014. The unit built at Daewoo shipyard in Okpo, South Korea was contracted to Kosmos Energy under a long term hire arrangement and performed drilling campaigns offshore Morocco, Mauritania and Senegal.
Atwood Oceanics owns 10 mobile offshore drilling units and is constructing two ultra-deepwater drillships. The Company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. (Source: Atwood Oceanics)
- FIRST OIL FROM THE GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ARRIVED AT MONGSTAD PLANT 23rd October 2019
- SCHLUMBERGER Q3 2019 – INCOME STUNG BY MULTIBILLION PRETAX CHARGES 18th October 2019
- SO LONG BHGE – WELCOME TO BAKER HUGHES COMPANY 18th October 2019
- EQUINOR CELEBRATES 1000th CARGO AT HAMMERFEST LNG PLANT 11th October 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM 07th October 2019
- TUGBOAT BOURBON RHODE SINKS IN HURRICANE LORENZO – 11 MISSING 29th September 2019