KOSMOS HIRES ATWOOD ACHIEVER
Atwood Oceanics announced that one of its subsidiaries agreed to a one well contract at an undisclosed day rate for operations offshore Northwest Africa with Kosmos Energy Ventures for the ultra-deepwater rig, the Atwood Achiever. The new contract will commence immediately following the completion of the well in progress under the existing contract and also includes six one-well priced options. As a result of this contract, the expected earliest availability of the Atwood Achiever is March 2018, assuming no options are exercised. If all six options were to be exercised, the drilling program would be expected to extend until approximately December 2018.
Rob Saltiel, President and Chief Executive Officer of Atwood Oceanics, commented, “We are pleased to extend our drilling operations for Kosmos Energy in Northwest Africa. Kosmos continues to be a valued client, and we appreciate their confidence in the Atwood Achiever.”
Atwood Achiever, a DSME 12000 ultra-deepwater drillship was delivered in September 2014. The unit built at Daewoo shipyard in Okpo, South Korea was contracted to Kosmos Energy under a long term hire arrangement and performed drilling campaigns offshore Morocco, Mauritania and Senegal.
Atwood Oceanics owns 10 mobile offshore drilling units and is constructing two ultra-deepwater drillships. The Company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas. (Source: Atwood Oceanics)
- QATAR PETROLEUM SIGNS THE LARGEST SHIPBUILDING AGREEMENT IN HISTORY 02nd June 2020
- MAKO GAS FIELD BECOMES THE LARGEST GAS FIELD IN WEST NATUNA BASIN 26th May 2020
- NEPTUNE ENERGY CONDUCTS WORLD’S FIRST IN DUAL DRILLING SUBSEA AT FENJA FIELD 13th May 2020
- TOTAL REINFORCES ITS ACTION PLAN TO FACE THE CURRENT CRISIS 06th May 2020
- REPSOL AND PARTNERS MAKE TWO OIL DISCOVERIES OFFSHORE MEXICO 06th May 2020
- CHEVRON BOOKS PROFITS BUT TRIMS SAILS FOR DIFFICULT DAYS AHEAD 04th May 2020