KRISENERGY BRINGS CAMBODIA’S MAIDEN ASPARA FIELD ONSTREAM
KrisEnergy announced that Cambodia’s first oil field in the offshore Cambodia Block A concession, commenced production on 28 December 2020. The Apsara field began flowing from a single development well and the flow rate will take at least 24 hours to stabilise. Production will increase to plateau as four additional wells are progressively completed and commissioned. The Apsara field lies over the Khmer Basin, an unproduced geological basin in Cambodian maritime waters in the Gulf of Thailand. Due to the unproven production performance of the basin, development of the Apsara area will be in several phases to mitigate risks and provide time for the collection and analysis of critical data to be applied in future phases. The components of Mini Phase 1A are:
• A minimum facilities wellhead support structure capable of housing up to six development wells, (“Mini-Platform”);
• Five initial development wells drilled by the PV Drilling III jack-up rig;
• The Ingenium II production barge for oil, gas and water processing;
• A storage vessel moored in field for storage of processed crude oil prior to offloading; and
• Support from an onshore shore base at Sihanoukville, 160 km from the field location.
KrisEnergy is the operator of Block A and holds a 95.0% working interest. The remaining 5.0% interest is held by Royal Government of Cambodia through the General Department of State Property and Non Tax Revenue of the Ministry of Economy and Finance. Kelvin Tang, Chief Executive Officer and President of KrisEnergy’s Cambodian operations, said: “Apsara first oil marks a 10-year journey from when KrisEnergy initially became a partner in Block A. It has been three years since we signed with the Government the petroleum agreement to launch this project and there has been a steep learning curve for all involved in what is a momentous event for the Cambodian people and an important strategic and operational milestone for KrisEnergy. In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, progressing Apsara to first oil has been a tremendous achievement and a testament to the determination of the KrisEnergy team and the strong cooperation of our contractors and suppliers. The cross-border logistics of mobilising personnel and equipment to execute this development safely during this time of COVID-19 would not have been possible without the expeditious and engaged support of the Royal Government of Cambodia.
I also wish to express gratitude to Keppel for their belief and support through their investment in the Apsara development, the refurbishment of the production barge and providing logistical support. I also thank everyone who has worked directly on Apsara Mini Phase 1A for all your efforts in very trying circumstances.“
KrisEnergy, headquartered in Singapore, holds interests in 11 licences in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam covering a gross acreage of approximately 22,041 sq. km. We operate eight of the contract areas.
- WOODSIDE AND SANTOS IN TALKS TO FORM AUSTRALIAN GAS GIANT 08th December 2023
- ORSTED – HEADWINDS ARE BLOWING ACROSS NEW JERSEY 02nd November 2023
- CHEVRON ACQUIRES HESS FOR $53 BILLION 24th October 2023
- EXXONMOBIL ACQUIRES PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES 12th October 2023
- TEPCO – DISCHARGE OF FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATED WATER TO THE OCEAN 27th August 2023
- NORWAY LOGS LARGEST HYDROCARBON DISCOVERY IN A DECADE 12th July 2023
- VOLOCOPTER AND ADP TO OFFER eVTOL SERVICES FOR THE 2024 OLYMPIC GAMES 25th June 2023