KVAERNER AWARDED DEMOLITION CONTRACT AT NYHAMNA
Kvaerner has been awarded a contract with A/S Norske Shell for the disposal and demolition of the Subsea Compression Pilot at Nyhamna, Norway. The scope of work consists of removal and demolition of approximately 2 200 tonnes of modules. The modules will be transported from Nyhamna to Kvaerner’s facilities at Stord for dismantling and recycling. The work will start immediately and the first part, consisting of removal of modules from the test pit will be completed in 2017. The remaining modules will be removed in 2018.
“This is an important contract for Kvaerner’s decommissioning unit, and yet again we prove our competitiveness in this marked, says Guro Løken, SVP Decommissioning & Marine Operations in Kvaerner.
Kvaerner has been the main contractor for the expansion of the Nyhamna plant which will be completed in 2017. Kvaerner was also the main contractor when the first part of the plant was built in 2007. The new contract for removal and recycling of systems that are no longer in use shows that Kvaerner has competitive expertise both for onshore projects and the decommissioning market. Kvaerner sees opportunities for new projects within both of these segments. (Source and image: Kvaerner / Kvaerner facility at Stord, Norway)
- SCHLUMBERGER Q3 2019 – INCOME STUNG BY MULTIBILLION PRETAX CHARGES 18th October 2019
- SO LONG BHGE – WELCOME TO BAKER HUGHES COMPANY 18th October 2019
- EQUINOR CELEBRATES 1000th CARGO AT HAMMERFEST LNG PLANT 11th October 2019
- NORTH SEA GIANT JOHAN SVERDRUP ON STREAM 07th October 2019
- TUGBOAT BOURBON RHODE SINKS IN HURRICANE LORENZO – 11 MISSING 29th September 2019